Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 grand cherokee
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 grand cherokee with 200k miles and the rear door locks along with the hatch do not lock or unlock with any device. Neither the remote, driver door control or passenger control, lock or unlock them. All windows work from any control and lights come on if any door is open including the tail gate. I have replaced door wiring from door to body on both side due to the infamous bad power and ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have used a good passager side control unit and the same thing happens.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Welcome to the garage. Did you already measure the voltage supply to the passenger door module? Connector C1 pin 1 should have 12V.
Does the front passenger door lock work?

·
Registered
2004 grand cherokee
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To honest I have not checked power to the passenger side module because the lock button and window button work from it. However it only unlocks the front doors as well.

·
Registered
04 WJ Columbia Ed
980 Posts
I'd suspect a broken wire in the hatch door harness. Have you looked there?

·
Registered
2004 grand cherokee
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the most part I have. Does the hatch control the rear doors? Also there are four wires going to the hatch release, any idea what wires do what? Or where I can find a wiring diagram for everything?

·
Registered
2004 grand cherokee
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help but my issue is power related. If anyone can tell me what the color coded wires to the release are used for I can straight wire the system as a last resort.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Attached the wiring schematic with the color codes.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts