Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a quick post to confirm that the BILSTEIN - B6 4600 shocks are a drop in replacement for my Euro WK2 2013 with QL 👍

The Bilstein shocks are making a huge difference in terms of stability. I'm really impressed how much better they feel over the stock shocks.

Thx guy's for the excelent advice!
Hello everybody,
please confirm that you have used B6-4600 to air suspension with control level?

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
44 Posts
The Bilstein B6 4600 shocks fit Quadralift suspension with no problems. However I would also fit new top shock mounts and plates.Got mine from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Jeep GC is 2017 5.7 Hemi Overland with the air suspension and the Bilstein 4600 installed same as stock - no problems. I just replaced the shocks - nothing else and the different selectable ride heights still work fine. This mod worked great for me too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How much of a difference is everyone noticing with the 4600s? Does it take care of some of the "floaty" feeling of the suspension? I notice on large dips or mid corner bumps it takes 2-3 oscillations for the suspension to settle again which is far from ideal.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi
96 Posts
How much of a difference is everyone noticing with the 4600s? Does it take care of some of the "floaty" feeling of the suspension? I notice on large dips or mid corner bumps it takes 2-3 oscillations for the suspension to settle again which is far from ideal.
Confirmed Bilstein 4600s in the rear are a major upgrade. It helps a lot, but I'm not sure it completely solves anything. Still more work required to get the suspension right on my 2013 JGC Trailhawk with 51k miles.

I, too, am diagnosing some of the wobble oscillations after bumps and such. 4600s on the rear were a tremendous improvement but I'm greedy and want more. So I have a hellwig rear sway bar on the way and will probably upgrade the rear end links. I'm researching into possibly upgrading the front end links, too, and upgrading the control arms across the board so the ball joints are good.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,725 Posts
I replaced the factory rears at 70K with the B4600s. Slight improvement but nothing fantastic. I don't think there is any problem with the damping of the rear, it doesn't oscillate over bumps and is plenty firm. Both front struts replaced at about the same time with similar results - new felt a little firmer, damping is fine on the big swings. There is what I would characteristic on both ends as an "air spring bounce" that just feels different then regular metal springs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What'd you replace your front struts with?

When I replaced my rears with Bilsteins, it was a significant upgrade since mine were pretty much shot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I, too, am diagnosing some of the wobble oscillations after bumps and such. 4600s on the rear were a tremendous improvement but I'm greedy and want more. So I have a hellwig rear sway bar on the way and will probably upgrade the rear end links. I'm researching into possibly upgrading the front end links, too, and upgrading the control arms across the board so the ball joints are good.
I have this pretty bad as well. When is your hellwig coming in? We are on the same thought process. I may just do the rear sway first. But anytime I hit a bump it feels like it is all over the place. Maybe a stiffer rear sway is what we need to make it more stiff. I also saw a front strut tower brace on ebay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What rear shocks are you using? One of my shocks was completely spent. Like it didn't rebound at all. Replacing with Bilsteins solved almost 80% of it. I may be at diminishing returns, although I hope not.

I ordered the Hellwig a week or two ago and was told it'll take at least 3 weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still have the stock shocks on. Im at 60k miles and just picked it up. I was concerned with going bilsteins if I decided to lower it. They may bottom out or whatever due to a different shaft length. So I was still debating.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts