Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 75th 3.6
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to put some bilsteins on my 09 4.7 and thinking of putting rear srt8 sway bar. On just for jeeps it say 05-08 you need the mounting brackets. Do I still need the mountings brackets for a 09 or do I need just the swaybar #5212430AA and Bushings #5212430AC. I not getting the endlinks. The sticky says all three and not the endlinks. Thanks for input.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Keep in mind that sway bars also are, in effect springs, and the front and rears need to be matched, so put on both front and rear. Putting on just a rear srt bar results in serious understeer and an uneven ride, as the front is "loose". I ran rear only for a few months, then put on the front bar. I also would suggest Monroe reflex over Bilstein HD, as they are too rough riding and bouncy. I ran the HD's for 15k and am glad they are off now.

· Registered
16 75th 3.6
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really I have read such good reviews on the bilsteins. Do the Monroe's handle as good as the HD's. I'm looking to tighten up the ride in cornering.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Bilstein HD really do not corner well in my experience and are more for offroad lift kits. They are VERY stiff and not properly valved for the WK; much too bouncy with poor rebound control since they are such high pressure. I replaced them with Koni FSD, which are far better handling, and smoother over bumps but they are costly and special order from overseas, which is why I would say go with Reflexes. Reflexes should have better ride and handling than the HD's.

· Registered
16 75th 3.6
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks may have to look into the reflexes!

· Registered
16 75th 3.6
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about KYB compared to monroes? Are they in the middle between Bilstein and Monroe?

· Registered
185 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.