Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are our rear windshield washer nozzles supposed to spray or stream? I've had my WK2 only for a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. My nozzle currently splurts the fluid out, instead of spraying, and doesn't really help clean the window.

It's supposed to spray, right?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine sprays. Try carefully cleaning the nozzle with a wide sewing needle (I keep one in my tool kit, got it from the wife's sewing basked). You do not want to poke it in too far, sort of push it in a little ways and rotate it a bit. Then take a bottle of Windex or 409 and give it a good soak for a few minutes. Finally, run a bunch of WW fluid through the nozzle to exercise it - hopefully you will flush the crud out.

I run mine regularly when I am in the carwash to keep the nozzle clean and fluid fresh. It will get clogged if you don't use it much. Best luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine sprays. Try carefully cleaning the nozzle with a wide sewing needle (I keep one in my tool kit, got it from the wife's sewing basked). You do not want to poke it in too far, sort of push it in a little ways and rotate it a bit. Then take a bottle of Windex or 409 and give it a good soak for a few minutes. Finally, run a bunch of WW fluid through the nozzle to exercise it - hopefully you will flush the crud out.

I run mine regularly when I am in the carwash to keep the nozzle clean and fluid fresh. It will get clogged if you don't use it much. Best luck.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I thought about brushing it with a toothbrush but I didn't want to jam the gunk up there any further and then not get it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts