Registered
GC Laredo X
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Lared
46 Posts
I called chrysler 800 about that they said there not aware of the topic issue i told them i read the motor trend article online

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Lared
46 Posts
It affects all models. Allows them to shift from park into neutral.
Hopefully they send the letter so i can take it also my friends wk hers the -1234+ downshifts also

·
Registered
989 Posts
It's all vehicles with the NV245 transfer case (as stated above, with the low range).

It's not the transmission that is shifting from park to neutral (on the rfe's this shift is mechanical, not electrical).

It's a short in the system that is causing the the transfer case to engage the shift motor and go into neutral. Transmission is in park the whole time.

They have updated the software that interprets the shift request to not respond to such a condition (likely by tightening up the voltage requirement or by including additional pre-conditions).

It will not be a big deal. In the interim, use your parking brake just to be safe.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you have a low range with the an electronic shift to neutral, you will likely be affected (Quadra Drive-II or Quadra Trac-II).

Quadra-Trac 1 systems do not seem to be implicated in the soon-to-be recall.

·
Registered
Jeep wk
2,015 Posts
They said the circuit boards could be cracked. couldnt this affect other things such as transmission operation?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Anything is possible when it comes to misplaced voltages!

I should clarify, when I say not affected, I mean by the recall action. For the moment this is a safety related voluntary recall. This means they are concerned about getting sued if a vehicle rolls away and causes damage or injury. It does not mean that they care about the circuit board breaking or any of the possible side effects. They are not fixing the broken circuit board or upgrading to one that is not going to break. They are simply preventing that condition from putting the transfer case in neutral via a software update.

(This is what I have heard, but as Chrysler have not mentioned much about this at all, take it with a grain of salt...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.