Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found issues with GPS location issues (including time) after having a recall done? Here's my situation:

Sigh...ya try to do the right thing and have the recalls caught up and you end up with problems. I got a call from the local dealership asking me if I would like to have the outstanding recalls done. I took them up on it and scheduled a drop off. They performed the recalls and on the way home, I noticed that my phone would not bluetooth pair to the radio anymore. I came home and eventually resorted to going through the radio and restoring to factory. Afterward, I was able to pair phone media audio again and streaming music (I use spotify, not siriusXM fwiw) worked again. My wife later went out though and realized that the clock was wrong and the GPS was WAYYYY wrong. As in, it shows my position on the map as being probably 15miles away. I double-checked that I was set as in the correct time zone and using the GPS to set the clock and detect location.

I'll go and find the "recall paperwork" and see if there's more detail as to what was done but in the meantime, I went ahead and grabbed the info from the radio showing what version things were at. (See attachments 1 & 2).

I'm not sure what all info is needed so I apologize for not providing more. If there's more info needed, let me know and I'll for sure find it out.

Here's what I assume is important info so far:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
no sirius subscription (or any subscriptions for that matter)
Current Software version. See attachments 1 & 2 (thumbnails below)

1.jpg 2.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok. "problem solved" after multiple factory resets APPS>SETTINGS>SYSTEM INFORMATION>RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, so if I'm correct you may not like this, but not really a big deal. Recalls are safety related things. You didn't mention what actual recalls were done. Whatever they did had nothing to do with gps.

The problems with gps and time are not related to the recalls, it just so happens that due to a gps system issue, many gps receiver devices need an update as of Nov 3rd. This includes many of the UConnect systems. From the sw version you show, you need to update.

Go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and put in your VIN; follow the instructions. See many of the other threads on the update and nav issues.

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, so if I'm correct you may not like this, but not really a big deal. Recalls are safety related things. You didn't mention what actual recalls were done. Whatever they did had nothing to do with gps.

The problems with gps and time are not related to the recalls, it just so happens that due to a gps system issue, many gps receiver devices need an update as of Nov 3rd. This includes many of the UConnect systems. From the sw version you show, you may need to update. The resets you did may not fix the issue.

Go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and put in your VIN; follow the instructions. See many of the other threads on the update and nav issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The problems with gps and time are not related to the recalls, it just so happens that due to a gps system issue, many gps receiver devices need an update as of Nov 3rd. This includes many of the UConnect systems. From the sw version you show, you need to update.

I hear ya. I was just told "there's recalls needed" and I went with it. Included in that, they mentioned the GPS and this problem appeared. Interesting that they just had it a day ago and didn't do the update you describe. I'll defintiely look into it.

Here's what the paperwork said was done. I'm kind of curious as to what the U65 safety recall was all about. I'll search around for it.
Scanned Document.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to anyone curious to U65 safety recall, this is what I found. It's probably old news to you guys.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This is one reason i'm always hesitant to bring any of my vehicles in for a safety recall but do it anyway.
On the other hand, i've got two outstanding TSB's supposedly to solve minor problems i don't have on my F150.
One of them requires pulling all 4 door panels off......what could go wrong!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, I make it point to tell the service advisor each time "Do not apply a recall or tsb without my consent" . Seems sometimes they forget whose property it is.

·
Registered
Overland ATG ORAII
1,233 Posts
Looking at your screen shot, you also do not have the latest UConnect software. As someone else posted, go to the UConnect site and plug in your VIN. Make sure you have a thumb drive handy for the update 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at your screen shot, you also do not have the latest UConnect software. As someone else posted, go to the UConnect site and plug in your VIN. Make sure you have a thumb drive handy for the update 👍
Yep. Did that last night. It's all current now. (Uploading that and updating took a lot longer than I expected.) But it's done now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts