Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friendly reminder to do this if you have been procrastinating for a little (like me). I have seen some people post some sales in the past.

Anyone have recommendations to source filters? I have seen some knock off stuff online. Summit racing has them for $37.99 - feel like that was the going rate last time I bought them.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 3L Overland
333 Posts
I run with Wix WF10165 filters; they're rated to 2 micron. From what I could find, the Mopar 4726067AA is rated to 3 micron so if the Wix specs are accurate, they're a great substitute. Rock Auto has them for around $25 each.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use the Wix fuel filters, also, and they seem to work fine. I change mine about every 15000 miles because I burn B20 oil...
Rock Auto also has a great price on Premium Guard oil filters, which is the same filter my dealer uses for my 'lifetime' oil changes.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I've been using Ecogards off of Amazon for 3-4 years, 28.00 each, next day free delivery, and have always been great, Never missed a lick....

·
Registered
171 Posts
I purchased WIX last year and to my surprise they were made by "UFI" , was labeled on the filter, same as OEM. Came in a WIX box.

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
114 Posts
I ordered replacements from IDParts.com, $57.50 for the pair of OEM UFI filters (not including shipping); https://www.idparts.com/jeep-ecodiesel-grand-cherokee-fuel-filter-set-p-6309.html

The EcoGuard on Amazon are $28.07/ea so $56.14 for the pair (not including shipping if you're not Prime), pretty close to the OEMs.

Nothing against the EcoGuard filters (I've used their oil filters), but for that minimal difference in price I'll probably stick with the UFI filters or the Napa/WIX-boxed UFIs which are $50.24/pair right now; https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL300165

For anyone that runs a biodiesel blend consistently you don't need to change the filters early, biodiesel helps to keep the fuel system quite clean so if you're always running a biodiesel blend then you should get more life, not less, out of fuel filters compared to pure D2. The "problem" with biodiesel blends is when someone that hasn't run it for a while start running it, then it cleans out the tank and fuel system and can cause fuel filters to plug up early. Big difference compared to running biodiesel blends all the time.

·
Registered
2015 GC Overland
38 Posts
+1 for Wix filters via Rock Auto

1 - 17 of 17 Posts