Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a second set of wheels for the jeep to use in winter. I like the look of OEM wheels but don't like the idea of going to dealer to buy new. I've been looking at Craigslist / Ebay but recently found a few places that recondition wheels. Has anyone had any good / bad luck with reconditioned wheels?

Craigslist use ones seem to be in the 650-900+ range (damage varies from none to decent amount or curb rash). 4 reconditioned ones are 780+tax.(Detroit Wheel& Tire rims) I was leaning toward reconditioned but i'll take any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are some oem replica wheels. I think one of them is a vendor in our group here. No experience from them but I might be going that route when I upgrade to 20 inch wheels.

·
Super Moderator
8,798 Posts
If you keep your eye on Craig's List, Facebook Marketplace and the Classifieds forum here at Jeep Garage, you may be able to score some takeoffs that are essentially new or nearly new for an attractive price. Wheels from the Durango are also fair game in that respect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm looking at getting a second set of wheels for the jeep to use in winter. I like the look of OEM wheels but don't like the idea of going to dealer to buy new. I've been looking at Craigslist / Ebay but recently found a few places that recondition wheels. Has anyone had any good / bad luck with reconditioned wheels?

Craigslist use ones seem to be in the 650-900+ range (damage varies from none to decent amount or curb rash). 4 reconditioned ones are 780+tax.(Detroit Wheel& Tire rims) I was leaning toward reconditioned but i'll take any input.
I had 5 OEM wheels redone on my 2004 4Runner by this company and they looked like new afterward
They were corroded to the point of not letting the tire seal completely and they looked terrible. I couldn’t believe how good they looked and it took them 1 day. My son has the 4R now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts