Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will not rant about the need to Regen allllll the time. It is and extremely crappy new normal.

I go through spells, though, of Regens occuring way more frequently (like 25 miles) or purposely going for drive to run the Regen and and the message reappearing within a couple of miles.

Last night for instance the Regen started at xxxx72 miles it cleared at xxxx78 miles (In town and freeway drive). At xxxx78.5 miles I got notified to "Keep Driving". I didn't have time to do another drive so I parked it. This morning there is no message, I just turn it on did not move it yet so it may reappear.

I have the EGR Recall scheduled for Tuesday.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will not rant about the need to Regen allllll the time. It is and extremely crappy new normal.

I go through spells, though, of Regens occuring way more frequently (like 25 miles) or purposely going for drive to run the Regen and and the message reappearing within a couple of miles.

Last night for instance the Regen started at xxxx72 miles it cleared at xxxx78 miles (In town and freeway drive). At xxxx78.5 miles I got notified to "Keep Driving". I didn't have time to do another drive so I parked it. This morning there is no message, I just turn it on did not move it yet so it may reappear.

I have the EGR Recall scheduled for Tuesday.

Any thoughts?
You might want to bring the situation to the attention of the dealer when you have it in for the EGR recall. The DPF might have an issue that needs cleaning or replacement, or some other issue present. I would hope having them check would be covered under the AEM warranty.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to bring the situation to the attention of the dealer when you have it in for the EGR recall. The DPF might have an issue that needs cleaning or replacement, or some other issue present. I would hope having them check would be covered under the AEM warranty.
Thanks I do have it on my list for the dealer. I've mentioned this before but they have no fix. I just make sure it's documented over and over.

My Diesal Particulate sensor and my heavy knock sensors failed last year stranding me 400 miles from home for over a week. So those are fairly new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts