Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Laredo with the remote start option. Since Friday, I would remote start the Jeep; it would turn on then shut off a few seconds later. I would get in the car to see the error message "remote start aborted due to hood ajar". My hood wasn't open at all; I tried opening it and shutting it, but that still didn't help. Has anyone had this issue or know of how to fix it?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I read somewhere a while back about an issue like this. Not sure if on this site or the JF site, I believe it was a defective latch sensor that was at fault. I will try and find it when I get to a pc.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nope, none of the threads I've read before was updated about the sensor being at fault. The rest were fixed by reloading the remote start program.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the exact same message on my EVIC, remote start wouldn't work. I had the hood sensor replaced and it's worked fine ever since.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I was having issues with the remote start too. I mentioned it to the dealer when I took it in for oil change. He looked up the problem to find that there is a update that needs to be flashed. Mine works fine now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was having issues with the remote start too. I mentioned it to the dealer when I took it in for oil change. He looked up the problem to find that there is a update that needs to be flashed. Mine works fine now.
Just curious, did yours say " remote start aborted due to hood ajar"? Or was it something different?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Just curious, did yours say " remote start aborted due to hood ajar"? Or was it something different?
Mine just said that it didn't sense the key even after I started it with the fob. it wouldn't even let me open the door with the same fob. just weird stuff like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts