Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 JGC L only runs for about 15 sec. after I start car with remote.
Where /how can I reset to factory settings of 15min?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
Do you have a CEL on the dash? that will also shut off RS. Also does any message show up on the dash when you get in about the RS? like hood issues or something else?

·
Registered
435 Posts
There are about a dozen things that can cause the engine to shut off soon after a remote start. Having less than 1/4 tank of fuel is just one of them. I believe if there are any active fault codes it will also cause it to shut off. The complete list can be found in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,174 Posts
The remote start will only run the engine for ten minutes and then shut down. That is part of the design to prevent problems that can be caused by extended idling and emptying the fuel tank. If you enter the vehicle during that ten minutes and want to keep it running, you need to press the brake and push the start button. That will put it into normal running mode.

Only running for fifteen seconds indicates a problem, hood not latched, low fuel or other problem. Check for codes, but, also check the owners' manual as I believe there is a list in there.

Reactions: larrywal

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 JGC has the same issue. No check engine light, in that it was just repaired for a fuel surge sensor and the check engine light issue was addressed. I drove it for 13 hrs, had a trip to take, then it worked fine once and only once. Then after that the remote start has failed repeatedly.
Checked the code at AZ and no codes were found and not check engine light either. Still the remote start will not remote start. Watched the crank when starting and battery only dipped to 11volts, tank is full, etc .... any suggestions?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
My 2014 JGC has the same issue. No check engine light, in that it was just repaired for a fuel surge sensor and the check engine light issue was addressed. I drove it for 13 hrs, had a trip to take, then it worked fine once and only once. Then after that the remote start has failed repeatedly.
Checked the code at AZ and no codes were found and not check engine light either. Still the remote start will not remote start. Watched the crank when starting and battery only dipped to 11volts, tank is full, etc .... any suggestions?
Does your vehicle still have the stock battery from new? If so it probably needs replaced. I have a 2014 and mine half-ass worked until I researched and a few guys suggested the vehicle battery and after replacing it no more issues. I also upgraded to a H8 battery, but you'll need the smaller bracket.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you enter the vehicle during that ten minutes and want to keep it running, you need to press the brake and push the start button. That will put it into normal running mode.
Actually, I've found that just pressing the Start button works if the engine is already running. No need to press the brake pedal, too.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
15 Posts
Does your vehicle still have the stock battery from new? If so it probably needs replaced. I have a 2014 and mine half-ass worked until I researched and a few guys suggested the vehicle battery and after replacing it no more issues. I also upgraded to a H8 battery, but you'll need the smaller bracket.
I’m wondering if this could be my issue too. Except when I try to remote start the car it will just beep once and the car will not start. This happens after sitting for like a day or two. If the car has been driven in the last 24hrs ish the remote start will function fine. The battery is the original battery for a 2015 .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just had that happen on my 13 Journey one beep no start battery shot...18 days past the three yr replacement warranty from Sam's Club lol.
Put in a new battery remote start works again

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
15 Posts
Just had that happen on my 13 Journey one beep no start battery shot...18 days past the three yr replacement warranty from Sam's Club lol.
Put in a new battery remote start works again
Car will still start if I go in and start it regularly. However I’m going to guess since it’s the original battery it’s probably near the end of its life. Has anyone change the battery them self in a 2105 GC. Do I really need to remove the passenger seat to remove the battery?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Journey is in front of the left wheel beside the rad in a little hole behind the wheel well shields which is real fun to R&R....good luck

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
Car will still start if I go in and start it regularly. However I’m going to guess since it’s the original battery it’s probably near the end of its life. Has anyone change the battery them self in a 2105 GC. Do I really need to remove the passenger seat to remove the battery?
No, just move the passenger seat as far forward and if electric and high as possible and pull the cover. It's about a 10 minute process. Videos on youtube as well. I went with the Walmart Everstart Platinum H8 upgrade with 4 year warranty. You'll need the small battery bracket if you decide to upgrade to H868039242AA

Everstart Platinum H8 upgrade

Battery Bracket.jpg

·
Registered
`15 High Altitude 5.7
127 Posts
My remote start works... most of the time... but I regularly get a message that "remote start has been disabled, start vehicle to reset". I have no idea why this happens and it's really a pain to not be able to rely on remote start, especially when it starts getting cold. I'll grab the actual screenshot and review the manual to see if I can figure out how to fix this.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
What year is your vehicle? Might need the battery replaced if older as I mentioned above. Mine was doing the same thing.

·
Registered
`15 High Altitude 5.7
127 Posts
What year is your vehicle? Might need the battery replaced if older as I mentioned above. Mine was doing the same thing.
Thanks for the response, it is a 2015 but the battery is in good condition. That said I'll check it out to see if that could be triggering this. I've had the issue for years now and it is intermittent but very annoying.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
Have you had the battery checked under load? A simple check won't always verify a bad battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My remote start works... most of the time... but I regularly get a message that "remote start has been disabled, start vehicle to reset". I have no idea why this happens and it's really a pain to not be able to rely on remote start, especially when it starts getting cold. I'll grab the actual screenshot and review the manual to see if I can figure out how to fix this.
I had a 2016 Hi Altitude Ecodiesel that did the same thing for the 2 years I owned it. Random remote start not working, saying the same thing “remote start disabled, start vehicle to reset”. Pain in the ass. Took it to the dealer several times and they found not replicate the issue. Ever. Never did get it resolved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts