Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My $65 K (with taxes) Overland with the Hemi and the cream interior is not Ernie Pyle's Jeep and I wanted to get rid of the badge in front, having added a "HEMI" emblem in back. Used a heat gun, continuously checking temperature with my bare fingers, Went for generalized heating of underlying metal surface. Fishline took the plastic letters off. Continued with moderate heating and used a plastic ice scraper to remove adhesive. Clean-up with lacquer thinner and you'd never suspect.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Limited
14 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen! But seriously, I'm also considering debadging my billet silver 14 Limited and would like to see how yours looks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures or it didn't happen! But seriously, I'm also considering debadging my billet silver 14 Limited and would like to see how yours looks.
There's nothing to see but I'll eventually post some pictures. Lacquer thinner is the secret as it never attacks the finish but removes anything. Friend's new Hyundai was scraped but it appeared to me the irregularities were not scratches but ridges of tar or something. She was very happy when thinner restored the finish. Take it easy and use the heat gun. I complimented a young Black hooker on how well she was turned out and she complimented me on my car. Now, would she have done that if it said "Jeep?" You have to run a gauntlet of girls to get to Lowes but they all seem happy and smiling although it is best to lock the doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts