Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Ram
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a lot of threads on this and thousands of answers but what is the best bulbs and brightest bulbs for reverse lamps? The kits advertised are a little too pricey for me!! BTW It's a 15GC.

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the very bright BU LEDs from DeautoLED who is also a forum sponsor.

Reactions: oldtin

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Subscribed. I like this kit^^

Reactions: oldtin

·
Registered
21 Posts
And you'll get a bunch of responses because it's all subjective. Here is what I ordered and am very happy with:

No issues with fitment on either bulb.

Good Luck

I just installed this kit and I like it a lot. They are plenty bright and look great. They may not be as bright as the other kit, but you’re talking $36 vs $100 for 4 bulbs.

·
Registered
Ram
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went the Amazon route,can't see $100 for lites that are lit 20 seconds! Thanks for all the quick replys!

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Another vote for deAuto. Put them in our Outback too.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,852 Posts
Just failed annual state safety inspection today for having LEDs in my reverse lights. Not that it matters but they were Putco. Such bullshit they are on for seconds per day.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,852 Posts
Wow that’s weird considering some cars come with factory LED reverse lights...
I think these inspectors see soo many vehicles they know what are stock in vehicles and what are not just by looking. but yeah the LEDs in the reverse lights in the Mercedes next to mine were fine but mine was a fail, such bullshit on something like reverse bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
What was the actual reason given for the inspection failure relative to the LED lamps in the backup lights?

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,852 Posts
What was the actual reason given for the inspection failure relative to the LED lamps in the backup lights?
Well Jim they said they were not a DOT approved bulb. So I guess if a DOT approved LED could be located and documented it would be fine. But I think I'm done messing with LEDs between this and the brake/turn LEDs not working properly in the cold weather I'm not putting anymore time/money into this.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
How did the inspector know what bulbs were in there and whether they were DOT certified or not?

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,852 Posts
How did the inspector know what bulbs were in there and whether they were DOT certified or not?
That is a good question maybe he took one out, i wasnt there so not sure. But i did go back and look at the Putco website and i can find no evidence that they are DOT compliant nothing stamped on the bulb either so i guess they are not. I guess any compliant bulbs are supposed to have a DOT stamp on them. But i still think it ridiculous to go after reverse lights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Virginia sucks. I will be super upset if they fail me because of my LED headlights or reverse. My dealer installs LED headlights (I even got a quote for them) so they must think it’s ok. Maybe I will have them do the inspection.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts