Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
You have to "burn" (extract) the ISO to the target disc, not just copy the file. It's a piece of cake on MacOS...I'm not remembering the procedure on Windows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Windows 8 and 10 -- just double-click the iso file and it opens just like a folder. You'll see two files plus a folder named Becker. Just drag Becker and the two other files to your thumb and you're good to go. For earlier Windows versions, try using 7-zip to open the iso.

·
Registered
Durango
4 Posts
My update hung right after the Security Check step. UPDATE screen never showed any progress bars. Had to disconnect the battery to turn off the display.

Anybody know if it matters whether you use a newer USB 3.0 stick, or must use an old 2.0 stick? Strange question--but it was suggested on another forum.

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
I didn't have that issue with 2.600 for a very, very long time...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is the bluetooth module in the radio itself for this, or separate? So odd that phone calls never hang, and if I plug in direct with the USB there is also never a problem - only when streaming music.

Is anyone else out there using an IP7 without issue?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, i've been getting freezes. Mainly when first connecting after starting the jeep. I guess you need to let the radio play and BT connect and then wait before playing music from the iphone. Also, another new issue started since this update. The phone would randomly connect like you were making a call through the head unit, and you can't end the call. The phone isn't making any calls or using Siri, just the HU. I have to kill the BT, then restart to end this. Weird..

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
604 Posts
I am still on 2.136. It constantly deletes my satellite radio presets. Does this update fix that?

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
2.700 has been the most stable for me of all the loads. I can't help with the SAT question, however...I have never used it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the RHR and suddenly I can't delete or pair phones. I am downloading 2.7 now, any ideas? I did disconnect fuse and tried again with no luck. The hard drive is working and it plays music fine. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having trouble with the upgrading my 2012 GC RHR radio from the 2.110 to the 2.700 i downloaded from mygig with a DVD - can I go straight from 2.110 to 2.700?

Do I only need to copy files for my radio or can i have all extracted files on the DVD?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
You need to "install" the ISO you downloaded to media properly. You can burn the ISO to either DVD or USB stick for the firmware, but the Gracenotes must be on DVD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Jim for quick reply. I got it now.
I made mistake of unzipping the ISO file and then burning to dvd vs. just burning the ISO file to dvd
Update took about 20 minutes, so now going to work on Gracenotes

·
Registered
2011 Grand Cherokee
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have a question. I had no issues updating the firmware from 1.908 to 2.7. Took 23 minutes on the first try. I then updated the Gracenotes from 2311 to 6168. Install went successfully, or so I thought.. under system settings I see the correct firmware and Gracenotes, however I now have no title and no album art, where as before I had all of that info. I tried to reinstall and I have the same outcome. I'll try an iPhone later, but I was using Spotify on a Google pixel 2, but that shouldn't matter.

Any tips/ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
copied to a flash drive loading so far. works it updated my grace notes to the 6168.
Hello,

I have RHR 730N fully updated RHR- 2.700 and Gracenotes 6908. Now i want to update the Uconnect. According to my VIN number and the Uconnect website theres a new available update for my system. I already have the USB ready but my system fails to recognize "Setup- software update" , very frustrating .

Please let me know if you guys found a solucion
I got a 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT plus. Thanks

21 - 37 of 37 Posts