Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky Road has done it again. They built a new Prerunner skid plate for the WK2. You pull the front bumper trim off (no tools needed), and replace it with this steel skid plate. I didn't measure, but it seems to open up the front clearance by about 6 - 8 inches, and certainly improves the approach angle. It also removes the ACC sensor from potential damage (recommended by Jeep if you are taking it off road).

Fairly simple installation - and designed to take it on and off when you need it (took about 10 - 15 minutes to take it off, and put the lower bumper back on). 5 bolts if I remember correctly, and ties back into the lower skidplate. I have attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure. It should be posted on their website shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's pretty badass. Anybody know if that Jeep has the lift or just the level kit? Hard to tell from the pics.

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
463 Posts
I like the Extra protection it gives and wondering if it is possible to cut and modify the air dam and leave the Black portion of it ? with out that part it kinda of looks Unfinished IMO :confused: on the RRO web page they say you need the winch mount in order to mount the Prerunner Skid (Very Slick RRO) :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
that thing looks awesome!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Has anyone installed it yeat ? if so Howz-a-bout a few pictures and any tips and tricks for the install :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'14 KL Trailhawk
62 Posts
Let's hope RRO changes that, so that us "common" people can buy one as well. I would love the skid plate, but have no need whatsoever for a winch, and would rather not spend such money on one either.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Let's hope RRO changes that, so that us "common" people can buy one as well. I would love the skid plate, but have no need whatsoever for a winch, and would rather not spend such money on one either.
There is always a use Winch, But I also know were you are coming from they might come out with a PRE-RUNNER WINCH DELETE KIT :lol::D:lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
You don't need the winch, just the winch mount bumper. It's so that the skid plate has something solid to mount to. The winch mount is really a steellin for the painted bumper fascia to replace the styrofoam and plastic that's in there from the factory.

·
Registered
463 Posts
anyone have Real pictures of them installed other then the ones on the RRO web page :whistle:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone have Real pictures of them installed other then the ones on the RRO web page :whistle:
I can send more pics (but mine is the one on the website). Are you looking for more shots angles?

I leave mine off most of the time for around town, but connect it when planning to go off road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can send more pics (but mine is the one on the website). Are you looking for more shots angles?

I leave mine off most of the time for around town, but connect it when planning to go off road.

Are those sliders on that? If so where did you get them?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts