Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
An update: I called and cancelled the order. I spoke with Charlie and he was (to his and RR's credit), very helpful and apologetic and had no problems cancelling the order considering they still have no ETA for the parts from ARB/OME.

For anyone considering ordering, they received an update on the order today from ARB and the front WK2 struts are still on backorder with no ETA. Considering all the other parts are backordered until November 20th, this means that if you're planning on getting OME WK2 struts from anyone who doesn't have them in their own warehouse you'll be waiting for a while. If you're planning on ordering from anyone I'd suggest calling first and confirming they have them in stock first.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,349 Posts
Will you be lifting with a different kit in the meantime or is this now on hold?
Converting from QL to Conventional Suspension is just a shock and spring change, that includes some of the mounting components for the shocks/springs that you should replace with a new shock/spring.....

The only difference between a Conventional Suspension Lift Kit and QL Conversation Lift Kit is:
  • Conventional Suspension Lift Kits could be just blocks....
  • Conventional Suspension Lift Kits that are new shocks/springs, don't include the mounting hardware and leave that up to you if you want to re-use the original mounting hardware or get new on your own.....
  • Conversion Suspension Lift Kits does include the mounting hardware, because you can't re-use the existing mounting hardware from the QL suspension....
Basically, you don't need a QL Conversion Kit to convert, any lift kit that is shocks/springs will do, you just need to get some inexpensive and readily available mounting hardware, that you should be replacing with shocks/springs anyway (only exception might be if you're WK2 is new or almost new)....

You don't even need a kit, you put together your own kit ordering the parts individually, the kits are not that complicated at all.... ...(although having shocks matched to the springs is a big advantage, that you get with a kit, match as in, either designed or selected to have a good damping rate for the spring rate)....

I took teseract's actions to reflect his frustration with waiting and delivery date keep getting pushed back, plus the timing of winter to get the kit installed before then......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I've gathered from the highly informative posts, I do appreciate it!
I will also just swap out QL with a regular lift kit + the mounting hardware etc. when the time comes.. I was hoping to get some insight from the OP as well, as I imagine they will do the lift before I will.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,349 Posts
I imagine the source of the problems is the 2016+ change to the suspension, that adds a tab on the front shocks/struts to bolt the swaybar end link to it....
The aftermarket has been slow to respond and add this tab on to their aftermarket offerings, that is all that appears to be needed for the shock/strut to work with 2016+....
People just looking for 2016+ front shocks are posting there are delays and back-orders for the few aftermarket shocks/struts that are offered....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone on this forum gotten their hands this kit yet? My Quadralift bit the dust this week in my 2013 and I am seriously considering going with this, but would l would like an honest review from someone other than the company before I buy.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,734 Posts
If you missed it, check out this thread...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I bit the bullet and replaced my crapped out QL with the RRO kit. It took awhile to get the kit, I ordered it in late January and was supposed to receive it late Feb/Early March but the COVID shut down happened in March and they had some delays from OME, so I didn’t receive it until the first week of April. When it arrived, my kit was missing a piece, but the guys at RRO got a replacement sent out the next day, no problem. My mechanic installed it in a day and had no issues besides a few unclear instructions that he thought could have been due to slight differences between year models. He had no issues getting it into spec when aligning. It’s been on for a couple of months and I think it drives great. I just completed a 4,000 mile road trip from OK to Montana and back with no issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I bit the bullet and replaced my crapped out QL with the RRO kit. It took awhile to get the kit, I ordered it in late January and was supposed to receive it late Feb/Early March but the COVID shut down happened in March and they had some delays from OME, so I didn’t receive it until the first week of April. When it arrived, my kit was missing a piece, but the guys at RRO got a replacement sent out the next day, no problem. My mechanic installed it in a day and had no issues besides a few unclear instructions that he thought could have been due to slight differences between year models. He had no issues getting it into spec when aligning. It’s been on for a couple of months and I think it drives great. I just completed a 4,000 mile road trip from OK to Montana and back with no issues.
Thomas,

can you tell what else was in the RRO kit (other than the OME shocks and coils)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about error led in console?
I know that structmaster ship also some kind of error deleter...

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about error led in console?
I know that structmaster ship also some kind of error deleter...
As of right now I just deal with it. It goes away after about 2 seconds. I may see if I can buy the Strutmaster relay on its own, but I know some folks have had issues getting it to work any way.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts