Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 WK2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the, new to me, 2015 jeep grand cherokee for about a month. I notice quite significant rolling backwards when at a incline stop in drive when I take my foot off the brake. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,623 Posts
I have had the, new to me, 2015 jeep grand cherokee for about a month. I notice quite significant rolling backwards when at a incline stop in drive when I take my foot off the brake. Is this normal?
normal do you have the V6 or V8.

·
Registered
2015 Overland
62 Posts
Normal, check settings as mentioned to see if Hill Start Assist is enabled. Also with HSA note it takes applying full pressure to the brake pedal at a stop to engage it (pressing down after stopped). A light foot as you might on a hill will behave normally, rolling back as any vehicle would even with it enabled. A hard press and you will feel the pedal hold the brakes for a second or two until the accelerator is pressed, or until the couple seconds are up and start rolling back as normal. It's pretty easy to get used to and rely on without having to "jump" to the accelerator on a hill, or roll back normally as you might want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts