Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the Jeep family a few months ago (2020 JGC Limited). I have a Yakima Skybox 16 cargo box that I'd like to use, and need to get some crossbars to mount onto the roof rails. If you have a 2020 or similar JGC and have purchased/installed crossbars, please share any recommendations if you're happy with what you've got.

Every SUV I've owned, going back to 1996, has had a built-in roof rack, so I'm in uncharted territory. There seem to be many, many options out there. I've searched and read through quite a few threads here, but haven't found clear recommendations, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I use the cargo box for fairly lightweight camping gear (tent, sleeping bags, etc.), so don't need super heavy duty crossbars. However, the roof rails themselves don't seem very sturdy, so I want to be careful about what I buy. Thanks for any info or recommendations you're willing to share!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this thread to see if there are any other recommendations out there. The Brightlines on Amazon look good, so I may go that route (much cheaper than the Yakima cross bar system).

Anyone else have/use Brightlines? Happy with them?

4WL TREK-er 鈥 so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
I got Yakima round crossbars and am very happy with them.

2016 JGC CRD
Can you share how they mount looking at the Yakima instructions it show them being screwed into a fixed position
Sorry, forgot to reply. I used Yakima RailGrab Towers and they mounted to the Jeep factory rails.

2016 JGC CRD
Looking at this you have to pull the factory mounting screws to put the Yakima mounts on that makes them not adjustable Yakima - WK2 New Product Installation - Landing Pad...
That鈥檚 not what I used. What I used looks identical to this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.