Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude, Sting Grey
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

New here, came from a Tacoma and just picked up my 2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude last week. I have a question about roof rack options.
Want to get a mountain bike carrier and will need roof racks. I currently have the factory black plastic rails that run from front to back of the roof. No inner track. What options do I have for roof racks? I just got my Jeep ceramic coated so any feet or contact to the actual frame of the Jeep is out of the question. Thank in advance.

Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks for the suggestion. But yours looks like you have the inner track on your side rails? Unfortunately mine doesn't have the inner track, just the plastic black trim
Sorry, I missed that part of your inquiry. Yes, I have the full side rails to mount to.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Thanks for the reply. What hauling system is this compatible with? Will I have to get a Brightlines cargo holder or bike rack or can this be used with other brands like Yakima, thule etc?
I'm not sure. I don't personally have them, but see many that need the mounting type recommend them. If you search on here I'm sure you'll come across a thread about them.

Registered
I'm not sure. I don't personally have them, but see many that need the mounting type recommend them. If you search on here I'm sure you'll come across a thread about them.
Maybe it鈥檚 just me, but that setup doesn鈥檛 seem overly secure. I can鈥檛 imagine mounting a bike or even a Thule to that safety. Just my two cents... maybe I鈥檓 wrong.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I don't know, but they come highly recommended so I'm sure they work. They are going into nutserts I BELIEVE in the roof like the others? I have the same mounting as you and have cross bars, but haven't installed them yet so going off videos I've seen.

Registered
If they go into the nut inserts then should be good then. I thought they were connected a different way.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I'm not 100% sure, so hopefully someone will chime in, but I would HOPE Mopar wouldn't put something up there half-arse..... haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts