Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up ? Well here is what I've done , Friday I put 8oz of seam foam in my oil , yesterday I put in the intake hose and went through the steps and it still drove fine after the smoke show , then I installed my new Taylor shorties ,I tried to start it and it took awhile for it to start, once driving I did a quick WOT run and it started chugging like it was running out of fuel . I don't know what could be causing this . After the shorties should I have disconnected the battery for a reset ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
992 Posts
Try resetting battery, are all wires hooked up correctly? Make sure hose that you disconnected to put seafoam in is reconnected, also when I seafoamed mine the spark plugs became found so I changed them out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah wires only go on one way with the shorty wire setup , reset battery now and take for a blast down the highway and see what happens lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This doesn't look like the one on my car , any ideas ? Mine doesn't look like it has screws holding it down

Electronics Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it is the map sensor that I bought but the one on my jeep doesn't look like that

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah it works out good sometimes ! After doing some research I think the new MAP sensor has to be modified to fit ! WTF ? I read that the mounting tabs may have to be cut on the new sensor and there may be one on the intake that needs to be trimmed also lol and it doesnt look to be much room where the MAP is located ! I also bought new plugs too figuring they may be fouled after running the sea foam thru this weekend . I hope one of these 2 things work ! I could barely get it to turn over this morning !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Installed new map sensor and its still the same any ideas why my sea foam experience has been terrible ???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.