Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
put stock wires on and still ran the same :( not even fun to drive anymore and i just got it! I guess that means I will have to drive ol'faithful (5.9 jeep)

·
Registered
2010 JEEP SRT8
1,742 Posts
OK. when you use seafoam it WILL run like ass for a few min. you have to let it idle a little. sometimes it takes a few to start smoking & sputtering. give it some throttle (light) until it smoothes out a little. then drive it in a lower gear - I use 3rd. give it some throttle, but if it starts to knock too hard, back off a little. once you get past the knocking run it hard. it should smoke a good bit. the 1st time I did my hemi it smoked for a long time. keep driving it until it clears up. if its not smoking anymore since its been a while,you might need to put a little more in to reloosen stuff up.
you should not have to disconnect the batt when changing plug wires. plugs should be fine, unless they were bad anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'VE been driving it since i think sunday like this . The day I sea foamed it after I let it sit for 20 mins with engine off to let sea foam soak in , i started it up and it smoked like a mother Fer,after letting it idle a few mins in my drive way I took it for a ride , drove it in a lower gear floored it around town blowing smoke everywhere lol , then smoke cleared up and it was running pissa ! the next morning i went out to start it and it wouldnt start just kept turning over but not starting, after like 5 mins it finally started with me giving it a little gas as I was turning the key. At low speeds it seems ok(seems like mds kicks in more though at low speeds then it used too) but when u gas it it falls on its face .....took it on the highway to clear it out and still not right,i dont know if this makes sense but it seems like the rpms race when i floor it but it sputters and doesnt launch ......so i don't know if i fouled the plugs some where in between? EGR clogged now maybe ??? I'm puzzled! before the seafoam it ran good and shifted good so i don't know

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
another way to explain it is that when i floor it off the line it sounds like i'm hitting the rev limiter, wicked stupid

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
no lights or codes, idles normal ,sometimes when i come to a stop they will drop a little. revs ok in park/neutral seems to do it under load conditions .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeah I can only imagine how hard they are to keep clean lol !

No haven't checked plugs yet , that this weekends plan , I think they are the original plugs so at 80k they are due anyways !

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
995 Posts
I seafoamed today and I also had rough running for about 20 minutes than nice and smooth. I ran a whole can through brake booster line and than I put half in oil and half in tank, I than changed my oil.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
The color of the plug looks quite ok, eventhough the picture is focussed on the ground:rolleyes:.
The gap is just normal wear of the plug, eventhough they should have been replaced well before reaching a gap like this. Did you put new plugs in and how is it running now?

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Yes, that is well possible. Did you put new plugs in?
How about the rest of the normal preventive maintenance?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Finished one side just now lol do the other side in the morning , just put new egr also since I think it's the original one at 80k miles figured it wouldn't hurt

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.