Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to whether or not anyone else has this and whether I should have the dealer repair (replace?) the trim here or not risk possible further damage from them doing so.

This is in front of the side view mirror, notice how the trim is bubbling up slightly in a few sections.

(The rubber trim/gasketing on the right side of my two rear windows is definitely going to get replaced though, as it looks pretty bad there -- can't believe I didn't notice it when inspecting it before I bought it, I guess I was too focused on the paint.)

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
its not normal so I would definately get their opinion, it really isnt good enough though so why not get it replaced.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I've noticed the same in a different area on my Limited. I firmly believe the local dealership would do more damage by replacing it, however, so I probably won't take it in for just that.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
Even if you want to live with it now, I would get it documented with the dealer, in case it gets worse.

My Acura dealer was happy to put some pictures of my leather in a file, knowing if the imperfections started cracking that Acura would try to claim normal wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Even if you want to live with it now, I would get it documented with the dealer, in case it gets worse.

My Acura dealer was happy to put some pictures of my leather in a file, knowing if the imperfections started cracking that Acura would try to claim normal wear and tear.
I don't want any of the local dealers even taking a picture of my Jeep - I'm afraid that would steal its soul, never to be seen again. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
I don't want any of the local dealers even taking a picture of my Jeep - I'm afraid that would steal its soul, never to be seen again. :eek:
I understand. I took the pictures myself and brought prints to the dealership. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've got 3 flaws in the paint. E mailed dealer for a paper trail. Don't know if they are repairable without repainting whole panel. I just wanted to let them know that I know so they know....I am gonna see what I can do to work them out. I went over my truck with a fine toothed comb, didn't let dealer "prep" it for me....I removed all plastic and detailed it myself.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,918 Posts
what am I missing here?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone else's passenger power window rubber trim look similar to what's shown in the attachments (notice how it appears damaged and is unsecured in some places)?

The dealer I purchased from said this is normal. Another dealer just told me they checked 4 other 2014s and they look the same and that's just how they're molded.

If they did look like this, any luck getting it replaced?

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks fairly normal to me.
My 2011 had the same issues .
Lubricate it really well with Aerospace 303 and park it in the sun for a day or two and the rubber trim will go back to its original shape.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting, did that work for you?

I tried tucking it in myself, and it worked fairly well for the middle areas, but at the top there it appears (to me) to be permanently damaged and disfigured and won't remain tucked in or secured to the vehicle unless it's replaced. I'm also concerned about it getting worse in the future.

I did see some other 2014s on the lots with the issue, but I've also seen some 2014s in parking lots that don't have it. I seem to remember a few people here saying they had it too but I forget if they were able to get it replaced or not.

·
Registered
gc limited luxll
523 Posts
Interesting, did that work for you?

I tried tucking it in myself, and it worked fairly well for the middle areas, but at the top there it appears (to me) to be permanently damaged and disfigured and won't remain tucked in or secured to the vehicle unless it's replaced. I'm also concerned about it getting worse in the future.

I did see some other 2014s on the lots with the issue, but I've also seen some 2014s in parking lots that don't have it. I seem to remember a few people here saying they had it too but I forget if they were able to get it replaced or not.
jeepers I had the same issues even worse on my Laredo on the rear drivers side door,it was buckled and pinched,dealer ordered a whole new piece and replaced no questions asked

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lucky for you! My dealer, just like the dealer I bought from, insists that that's how it was designed. Maybe so; regardless, I've opened up a ticket with Chrysler regarding this issue and several body fitment issues that the dealer refused to work on, so we'll see what comes of it.

·
Registered
Jeep GC Limited
27 Posts
I've just taken delivery on an MY14 Jeep GC in Australia and has exactly the same as your pics on the back 2 windows. I just assume that's how they are all coming out of the factory.

·
Premium Member
Dodge Magnum SRT8
21 Posts
Does anyone else's passenger power window rubber trim look similar to what's shown in the attachments (notice how it appears damaged and is unsecured in some places)?

The dealer I purchased from said this is normal. Another dealer just told me they checked 4 other 2014s and they look the same and that's just how they're molded.

If they did look like this, any luck getting it replaced?
Mine looked almost the same just moved it with mt thumb not perfect but better. I would be a little afraid for the dealer to do anything might scratch the paint or worse. It is not a big deal to me .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine looked the same on delivery. The dealer took it in to the service guys and was back in 15 mins with everything looking good. He said they used a heat gun to put it back in place. Been holding up OK so far. 2000 miles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Check the rubber where the hood meets up with windshield and front side panel... especially driver side . Mine was a real wreck and noticed at pickup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts