Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This is like asking someone else if you would like boxers or briefs better.

A Rubicon, Hard Rock or not, has a lot more off-road capabilities from the factory. If that's import to you, then get a Rubicon. Otherwise, get a Sahara.

In terms of "luxury", a Hard Rock and a Sahara are just about equal.

Reactions: Kadonny

·
Registered
224 Posts

A Rubicon, Hard Rock or not, has a lot more off-road capabilities from the factory. If that's import to you, then get a Rubicon. Otherwise, get a Sahara.

Listen to Walt, he has the right answer.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
yes, auto
Then I would highly recommend getting a Rubi with 4.10.

The difference in driving, especially acceleration from a stop is very noticeable vs the 3.73 gears on the Sahara.

Just remember you have to specify 4.10, it's not standard. Unfortunately it went from $50 in 2012 to $599 in 2015 :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Then I would highly recommend getting a Rubi with 4.10.

The difference in driving, especially acceleration from a stop is very noticeable vs the 3.73 gears on the Sahara.

Just remember you have to specify 4.10, it's not standard. Unfortunately it went from $50 in 2012 to $599 in 2015 :(
Manual trans gets you the 4.10s for free :D

·
Registered
48 Posts

I also thinks Walt's answer looks good. I have a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock and absolutely love it. However, not sure it is the best choice if off-road only means the beach! I have a manual which I also like very much, and yes, the 4:10 six speed does the job well. Some reviews say that the Rubicon doesn't ride so well but it is a smoother ride than my 2005 Mini S with sport suspension.

Whatever you get - enjoy!

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
524 Posts
The 4 to1 low range in the Rubicon won't work as well on the sand as the 2.72 to 1 in the Sahara. In my opinion. I always loved the Rubicon Package I had 3 Rubicons, TJ, JK, JKU Hard Rock, and as I started doing more trail riding and exploring and less rock climbing I always wished the 2.72 to 1 transfer case was available as an option. When I did spend time on the beach in NJ before I moved to Utah I had a TJ Sport with the 2.72 to 1 transfer case and it worked quite well. I don't have direct experience with the 4 to 1 in the same conditions but in sand, mud and general trail driving the 2.72 to 1 is an all around better ratio. I don't think you can go wrong with either, I loved my Hard Rock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts