Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have info for the JT/Scrambler?

I am really hoping to see essentially a hard rock version with diesel and a manual transmission. Would buy that in a heartbeat and just hope FCA doesn't price gouge me too bad...

The latest I have seen in the news and here is a MY19 with orders starting fall 2018. It sounds like 3 motor choices but what I am really looking for is: when will the diesel be available?? I hope it is immediately available with the release and not coming at a later date.

It will be based on the JL it sounds like so I hope it has the same noise cancelling and off road pages etc. I am hoping most of the off road/ aftermarket accessories for the JL will be direct replacement (lifts, bumpers, skid plates etc).

It's been said it will intentionally be priced "expensive" but what are we talking about here? Like $60k? Or are we talking trackhawk territory? If it gets too expensive I will probably just look to get a used AEV brute and put a diesel conversion into it. Otherwise the Tacoma is getting a diesel or there is the canyon/Colorado...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't think the 3.0 diesel will be manual....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some great renderings came out! I am sure you all have seen them... can’t wait for the diesel to be released, hopefully it’s still affordable.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,987 Posts
3.6 v6 with 8 speed, 6500 tow rating. Diesel will be late availability. April.2019 in showrooms jt-jeep-wrangler-pickup-scrambler-front-red-1.jpg jt-jeep-wrangler-pickup-scrambler-rear-red-1.jpg

Reactions: usmcav8er

·
Registered
2013 Malibu LT
81 Posts
I'm wanting a diesel crew cab, better start saving now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts