Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a set of takes offs to run on the Grand Cherokee during winter. The Rubicon wheels are 17's, with an off set of 44.5 mm I believe where our stock offset is 54.5 mm. What do I need to do to run these on the GC? I have seen posts before on folks using these wheels, but I am not sure if modifications were required. With less offset will the wheels stick out more?

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Yes -- they will stick out more. Also, if you have a Hemi, I don't believe you can fit 17" wheels over the brakes. I think I've also read of the brake caliper spring/clip initially rubbing. Some grind it down, and some drove until it wore itself down. There are a few threads.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes -- they will stick out more. Also, if you have a Hemi, I don't believe you can fit 17" wheels over the brakes. I think I've also read of the brake caliper spring/clip initially rubbing. Some grind it down, and some drove until it wore itself down. There are a few threads.
Right I remember that thread. Are there 18" rubicon wheels or are they all 17s? Am I talking about Sahara wheels?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rubicon wheels are 17" the Sahara's are 18". They do bolt right on.
So, do the sahara wheels bolt right on without any rubbing with the caliper? The clearance issues are only with the 17" rubicon wheels? Some posts look like the rubicon wheels fit without any rubbing issues. Is there a brake change in the 2014 model year that would cause the brake spring issue that is not a problem in the 2011-2013 MY?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm about to pick up a set of Rubicon wheels for our 2011 Grand Cherokee. Does the TPMS from the WK2 work on the Rubicon wheels?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.