Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 WK 5.7L Limited. Factory suspension, along with factory 17" wheels.

I want to invest in a set of the 20" SRT reps. Now here's my questions (Forgive me i'm new with changing wheels)

1. What (If any) modifications do I have to do to make them fit without rubbing, etc.
2. Where do I purchase a set with tires?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
237 Posts
No mods necessary. Just bolt them on. Look at the vendor section and they"ll set you up with the correct tire/wheel size. You"ll want the 20" x 9" wheel package.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Factory Reproductions treated me right....I have 22" but they have 20" as well. They are a dealer here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool, thanks guys!

I read somewhere that the small bolt in the wheel well off of the suspension will rub the tire? That's why I really needed clarification:thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok cool thanks.

I have heard good and bad things about Factory Reporductions. But it seems like they're the only big game in town. Aside from a place on eBay called "Tobacco Road Auto" (Link below). The company makes them non-staggered as well which it seems i'd be going with.

Any opinions? I'm trying to find a good deal on wheel/tire packaged together.

20" 9" 10" Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT SRT8 Gloss Black Set of Wheels Brand New | eBay

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
237 Posts
I used OE Wheels and they are a vendor on this site. Great experience. Scott in Internet Sales will set you up with a tire and wheel package.

·
Let's Roll
Grand Cherokee
13,095 Posts
ALL of the replica srt wheels are made in the same factory in china, so go with the cheapest price you can find. i ordered from some vendor i found online who i determinded to be the cheapest when i was looking (cant remember the company name) the wheels ended up being shipped directly from doug at factory reproductions so it really doesnt matter where you buy from. i have had real srt wheels on my jeep in a staggered setup and now i have black reps, i have never had a problem with rubbing. what color are you looking to get and what color is your jeep?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ALL of the replica srt wheels are made in the same factory in china, so go with the cheapest price you can find. i ordered from some vendor i found online who i determinded to be the cheapest when i was looking (cant remember the company name) the wheels ended up being shipped directly from doug at factory reproductions so it really doesnt matter where you buy from. i have had real srt wheels on my jeep in a staggered setup and now i have black reps, i have never had a problem with rubbing. what color are you looking to get and what color is your jeep?

Good point, that's exactly what I was thinking. Black WK with Black Plasti-dip badges. 20% tint so i'm kind of going for the blacked out effect.

I prefer a gloss black set, but haven't really strayed away from other finishes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would go with gloss black if i were you

Wow, truck looks great man. Thats the look i'm shooting for at the end of the day. Yeah the gloss black are where i'm at. I just got a quote for about $1800 shipped to NJ from Factory Reproductions, and still waiting to hear from OE.

$1800 for 4 20x9 Gloss black, w/ TPMS Sensors and Nexen 275/45R20's mounted/balanced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would also suggest getting black lugs. the black jeep i posted has chrome and it just doesnt look right.
Yeah based on first picture I wasn't sure if you had a second ride or something. And completely agree on the tint! The price I was quoted also included black lugs.

Who makes good wheel locks? I'm a locksmith, but don't know much about locking lug nuts:lol:
Just to keep the honest people away.

·
Registered
Gr. Cherokee Summit 5.7 V8 (2018)
186 Posts
@etennyson

Is your JG lowered or is that the regular height of the air suspension?

And what's the size of your tires (285/35 R22)?

What about the comfort - is it much harder than with the regular wheels?

Gigi

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
@etennyson

Is your JG lowered or is that the regular height of the air suspension?

And what's the size of your tires (285/35 R22)?

What about the comfort - is it much harder than with the regular wheels?

Gigi
Yes it's lowered on eibach a with OEM shocks. I'm happy with the overall setup but am anticipating the upcoming eibach shocks. Only thing that bothers me is it's a little bouncy on the rear if you drive on a bumpy road. I think the new shocks may fix this issue though

I'm running nexus 265/35/22's right now. It drives well but you will feel more of the road. The trade off is stellar performance after installing the eibachs. The steering is very responsive. I'd say the original tire/wheel combo was much softer but I had 18's and a lot of sidewall. When I replace the tires I'll go a little larger on the sidewall. They look great in person but it needs a little more sidewall IMO for day to day driving. Hops that helps

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't know what everyone's hangup is on running a staggered set of wheels. One thing I can tell you it looks badass from the rear with all that rubber!! Plus, as long as you have a good alignment, they wear down at the same rate without rotating them. I am running Toyo Proxes STII's and just got 40K miles out of a set. Fronts did wear down a little faster but it was because my alignment was way out. Rears are not far behind though.

Oh, and I used FR for my Viper reps - no issues whatsoever with them.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Don't know what everyone's hangup is on running a staggered set of wheels. One thing I can tell you it looks badass from the rear with all that rubber!! Plus, as long as you have a good alignment, they wear down at the same rate without rotating them. I am running Toyo Proxes STII's and just got 40K miles out of a set. Fronts did wear down a little faster but it was because my alignment was way out. Rears are not far behind though.

Oh, and I used FR for my Viper reps - no issues whatsoever with them.
I'm really considering buying 10" for the rear when I replace the tires...it does look NICE!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Generally is there much of a price difference? For the staggered?

And aside from that, again there's no fitment issues on the rear?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts