Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I think this is what I think it this is, that didn't take long!

Race cool down mode is back on the table for us!

"The first 2018 model got Tazed yesterday, with our all new product the "Double Bypass". Installation only took 5 minutes. Not only will this be used to give 2018+ support, This product can be used for any 2015+ if they want to put any obd II in the trunk.
The "Double Bypass" will be available soon! Be sure to look for an announcement in the coming weeks
PATENT PENDING"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Security gateway module secures against external attacks (the obd port, emergency assistance and radio) from the vehicles network.

There is a star connector (similar to an Ethernet switch) that sits behind the security gateway that connects all the vehicle modules together. I believe the double bypass kit has a factory connection that plugs into the star connector, and power and ground taps for a 2nd obd port.

The cars appear have two star connectors, in dash and trunk. The SUV's have one under the hood and in the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I just ordered a Tazer bundle (w/bypass block) and the double bypass. I don't intend to use the bypass block - instead using the double bypass as I would like the added security of the firewall from Uconnect.

Rolly: Not sure if you disconnected the battery before breaking the CAN network, but the code could have been generated when the security gateway module was disconnected and not due to the bypass module. If not, did you start/drive and turn off the car with the bypass module installed to see if the CEL would clear?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Another Question: the programming utility user guide - this is a separate download which is installed on the Tazer. It appears to be for updates. Not sure. I was unable to download as my virus checker kept reporting a virus in the program.
Anyway the question is, do we need to download and install this on the Tazer before using?
Thanks!!
I didn't need to download or install any additional utilities to use the Tazer. I think that utility is to update firmware if needed. Are you changing the instrument cluster display to AUDIO screen to confirm what function the Tazer is doing? I believe the slow flashing green is good, I'll have to plug mine back in to verify...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.