Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trackhawk
135 Posts
This is driving me crazy. Can’t get the Tazer to do anything.

Installed Single bypass (disconnected battery first). Started car 2x. Did the door open / close cycle 2x. No check engine or other codes. All is good so far.

Installed Tazer piece. Repeated 2X process both ways. A couple times. Drove car around. Noticed my custom drive mode settings were changed to defaults. Tazer light is flashing slow green. I assume this is good. But I can’t get a menu or any of the functions to work.

I just want to use the “Non Menu Live” “cool down” mode function (ignition on, engine off, press right arrow + cruise control cancel buttons at the same time). Nada...

This is ordered as the Jeep 2018 GC 6.2L option version (new). I do have the double bypass tool as well but don’t see that I need that installed to just to enable this one feature. So I am just using standard bypass.
Ideas anyone??
Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
Trackhawk
135 Posts
Another Question: the programming utility user guide - this is a separate download which is installed on the Tazer. It appears to be for updates. Not sure. I was unable to download as my virus checker kept reporting a virus in the program.
Anyway the question is, do we need to download and install this on the Tazer before using?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Another Question: the programming utility user guide - this is a separate download which is installed on the Tazer. It appears to be for updates. Not sure. I was unable to download as my virus checker kept reporting a virus in the program.
Anyway the question is, do we need to download and install this on the Tazer before using?
Thanks!!
I didn't need to download or install any additional utilities to use the Tazer. I think that utility is to update firmware if needed. Are you changing the instrument cluster display to AUDIO screen to confirm what function the Tazer is doing? I believe the slow flashing green is good, I'll have to plug mine back in to verify...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm sure my 2018 SRT is no different than a 2018 Trackhawk in regards to this subject, so I will chime in with my results...
I already had a tazer and the AppCar software for my previous 2016 Summit. I ordered the single bypass module from Z Automotive. Unplugged the 2 connectors under the glovebox and plugged into the module. After updating the firmware on the Tazer, I connected it to the ODBII port, went to the audio screen and was able fix the DRL dropout and fog light dropout...no problems at all. I don't keep mine connected for any of the 'live' functions, so I removed the Tazer and bypass module, and it all works perfectly.
After getting the latest version of Appcar, I did the same thing, and was able to get in and change the rear signals to Euro mode...again, no issues at all.

In case you're wondering, the reason I didn't do everything with Appcar first, was that it wouldn't let me update the database...took a couple weeks and multiple emails before he sent me a new version with a patch to fix that problem.

·
Premium Member
Trackhawk
135 Posts
Hi Folks, update on my Tazer install. After driving 150 miles is so it all started working. I was able to use the cool down mode, and it worked quite well. Effectively dropping Intercooler temps quite a bit while staging (nothing like what FIinterchiller does).
It will also let you reset tire size — allowing me to run some new drag radials on all 4’s (all the same size).

·
Registered
9 Posts
have a question related to the SGW module: I would like to enable the horn chirp when car is locked and DRL, so I ordered the autel cable for changing the settings via Jscan app (in my menu I cannot see those options)...should I remove one of the battery cables? or is it safe to work with cables connected?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts