Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a ‘93 last year with major transmission problem. I have replaced it and now ready to run, however, I keep getting the security lock out. I have no key fob, I found one trick, which was unlocking doors in a certain sequence, which worked when I moved it to where I pulled the tranny. Now the lights go out, but I’m not getting fuel.
Any HELP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem minus the transmission replacement and I used to unlock the rear hatch with the key and then it would start up.
For some odd reason the problem corrected itself on its own but it took several months. During those months I had disconnected and reconnected the battery a few times for various other repairs.
Also, during that problem period, when exiting the vehicle, I had to lock all the doors with the driver's door lock switch while in park with the engine running and then open the driver's door to get out and manually lock the driver's door with the button and my finger. This would ensure that the alarm was on but would allow me to open/unlock the drivers door upon re-entering with no problem.
I too have no fob. Laredo still going strong with 177K, original owner...but not my primary vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts