Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1200 miles on my 2014 Limited V6.

Been running fine.

I attached a lightweight trailer (1500 LBS) and shortly after I got this Electronic Throttle Error on the display.

I continued to use the trailer and it's been a week since with no error.

Is this normal? Was it calibrating to the added weight of the Trailer or something?

Curious is the error code is sensitive or is early signs of a problem that needs to be addressed.

·
Banned
408 Posts
It is the gremlins inside your brand new $40K plus Jeep Grand Cherokee's electrical/computer system. Complements from your friends at Chrysler/Dodge for buying the 2014 JGC.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
No expert here, If the truck is still running good, no change in MPG or other symptoms. I would say don't sweat it right now. If you have the code that it threw post it up, there are a few here that may be able to tell you what it means.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It is the gremlins inside your brand new $40K plus Jeep Grand Cherokee's electrical/computer system. Complements from your friends at Chrysler/Dodge for buying the 2014 JGC.
Actually I'm quite impressed with all the cross checking this thing does. There is always the chance that the cross checks have glitches too.

It's funny though that it happened as soon as I put the trailer on, which was also hooked up electrically and not in the best shape electrically (i.e. poor ground).

It was actually only $37,600.00 :)

·
Banned
408 Posts
I have experienced a few oddities more then needed that s why I sound sarcastic. As stated if it is gone dont sweat it, but I doubt will be the last weird thing you ill experience.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, 6 weeks later and it happened again.

Sure wish they would send out the recall notices on xmas tree/abs unit. Because I'm not sure if this could be just a minor random glitch, not severe enough to trigger xmas tree event.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.