Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I received a "Service Engine Throttle" message on my dashboard today. The Jeep seemed to be hesitating at pull-off. When I stopped at a red light and started to move forward it hesitated and a big puff of white smoke came from the front and back of the car. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

·
Registered
426 Posts
coolant issue maybe? Dud turbo, leak, piston wear. Could be one of so many things so you need to get it plugged in or to a garage to check. Generally white smoke is temp being too low (not Jeep thing, speaking generally); combined with the common egr cooler issues, I would be inclined to start there. Impossible to diagnose on a forum with nominal info though so cough up & get it checked before it becomes really expensive is my advice. Bearing failure is reasonably common on these too but it’s more of a knock on from other components failing so get it checked!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I received a "Service Engine Throttle" message on my dashboard today. The Jeep seemed to be hesitating at pull-off. When I stopped at a red light and started to move forward it hesitated and a big puff of white smoke came from the front and back of the car. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
Hi there. If you continue to experience concerns, our team recommends a dealership visit. If you get an appointment set and need support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
JGC
901 Posts
Last time I had a big puff of white smoke from the engine compartment was when a head gasket blew (not a JGC). Unlikely to help, but you can try the throttle reset by pushing the ignition button twice (without foot on brake) and then slowly depressing the throttle pedal to the floor, holding it for 20 seconds, then slowing releasing. Then start engine. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts