Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has had the "service four wheel drive system" warning lately. It just popped up for me, and my dealer can't get me in for three weeks. It's just the warning and the esc light on the dash. I'm not feeling or hearing anything, so I'm wondering if it's safe to drive. I wouldn't take it on any road trips, just around town, until the dealer checks it out. Any advice from the forum?

· Registered
16 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has had the "service four wheel drive system" warning lately.
This may be too late of a reply. We drove ours with the warning for several weeks before the dealer had an opening. They ended up replacing the transfer case and a switch.

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
This may be too late of a reply. We drove ours with the warning for several weeks before the dealer had an opening. They ended up replacing the transfer case and a switch.
Thanks for the reply. Got it in, and it needs a drivetrain control module, and probably a 4WD motor. Just got the module in to the parts department, and now two weeks till it can get replaced. All the dealer service departments in my area are backed up. I'm driving it locally, and no issues. Don't have traction control, so not driving in the snow. Luckily we have another Jeep for that!

Reactions: terrathrax

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
Had the drivetrain control module replaced today. No other codes, so I guess I got off easy. MaxCare warranty covered the cost.

Reactions: terrathrax
61 - 68 of 68 Posts