Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Open boot. Remove floor. Remove 2x tubs. Release 4x screws on tie downs. Lift off lower tailgate threshold garnish. Lift up the large spare wheel surround. Plug in module on rearmost edge.

Cheers,
Steve
Thank you Steve - it took all of 5 minutes :thumbsup: Didn't need to remove the tubs or wheel surround, just the tailgate threshold piece. Saved me a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
JGC Summit
1 Posts
Thanks to you all for this thread, it helped me out today after an auto electrician left a connector disconnected during install of a brake controller. Your stated problem and solution explanation enabled me to solve the issue myself, now I'm back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this thread. Just bought a 2015 SRT yesterday with 23k on it. Drove it a few hours home and noticed the "service keyless system" message and thought, great... I just got out of a BMW X5 and was thinking this was going to cost a small fortune to fix. Took less than five minutes and it's working fine. On the '15 the plug setup is identical but the coloring of the wires is different. Thanks again everyone!

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts
Plug the red&black one into the grey module. Pic with them disconnected.
Thanks mate! A 5 minute repair & I was on my way! Good on ya!! :)

Reactions: Jase10

·
Registered
Wk2 SRT
33 Posts
See the wire in the lower left of the picture? That should plug into a module attached to the big ring of plastic which forms the outside of the spare wheel well.

Cheers,
Steve
Yea man this actually helped me out, out of the pins was F up, so I fixed it and Remote is back, I would recommend everybody to check that plug if you are having any remote issues.

THANKS

·
Registered
2014 Grand cherokee
1 Posts
i have the wire hanging but the part that connects to the spare tire compartment is missing what is the part number

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2 Posts
I have the same issue, was driving down the road, and got the beep with the message. I tested all my Doors (drive and Passenger) and Tailgate and they all still work with the Passive Entry System. Key FOB still works by button press as well.

Any Additional Tips? I'll Replace my Key FOB Battery when I get home, but I doubt that is the issue.

Additional note, I have not done any Audio Work/Haven't replaced any Speakers/Subwoofer/Amps/etc

2015 WK2 Overland 4x4 V8

Thanks!

·
Registered
Laredo CRD (DCR)
482 Posts
Thanks Barboots, Aussie know how to the fore again mate. I had a brake controller fitted and the problem started, and signal Service Keyless Entry coming up. Followed explicit instructions and found the culprit, plugged it back in and hey presto!!! working. Asked the Chrysler Jeep service manager and he just scratched his head. Hadnt heard of the warning. Now to hope that auto sparky has fitted the brake controller properly for the new caravan. :)

Reactions: Barboots

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '14 came back from the body shop with the same issue. Found this thread and saved me at ton of time and effort. took 5 minutes. Thanks so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, new here.

My jeep is doing the same thing. I have attached a video of what I am seeing. Is the answer the module by spare wheel well? Has anyone found anything different?

Thank y'all!

Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
JGC Overland
2,772 Posts
It looks like the keyless module is plugged in Klep. Maybe unplug and re-plug it, then start and stop the engine, lock the car, wait 10 minutes and re-open it. Check again for the warning message.

If it remains my next step would be to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes... otherwise we're going to have to dredge up the info on where they other keyless modules are so they can be checked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
UPDATE! Sensor in back was fine. Changed key fob batteries and installed a new battery (which I learned was under passenger seat?) and haven't had the issue since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all- I just bought a 2011 WK2 and can't get the keyless entry to work on the divers door only. I have a new battery in the fob, and both the passenger door and back hatch work fine. Thanks to this thread I was able to locate the sensor-diconnected it and nothing worked. I then reconnected it and the passenger and rear hatch works again.

I have turned it off in the EVIC and turned it back on and that didn't work either.

Any other tips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you...thank you..thank you guys!. Some incompetent shop called Fantazy Motorsports here in cali disconnected it on my 18 grand cherokee while installing audio upgrades. 3 hrs in their shop and they couldnt rectify the issue. I come here and then fix my car in like 6 mins.

·
Registered
1 Posts
See the wire in the lower left of the picture? That should plug into a module attached to the big ring of plastic which forms the outside of the spare wheel well.

Cheers,
Steve
Thank you Millions for sharing this. Amazing and helped me sort out my concerns. Jason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cant find that module you guys are talking about...

Removed cargo mat. removed 2 trays, tire, and tire foam plate. then removed the outmost plastic mount for spare tire holder. there is no module or anything like that anywhere near the spare tire holder....

The cargo tire hold compartment is completely emptied no module or anything of that nature

Am i missing anything?

Could it be an update from jeep?

Thanks for your help!
Here’s a pic of mine. I found it not unplugged sinai must assume it has gone bad. Part number for the antenna sensor is 68068148AA for my 2014 Grans Cherokee.
Can someone please help? I am having the same problem with my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Installed aftermarket audio and then the next day my door handle keyless entry-n-go won't work at all... I put my hand on the handle and nothing. I try to lock the door from handle and nothing.

My remote start, unlock and lock, trunk open close all works from the key itself. But for some reason the keyless entry does not want to work.

CAR HAS LESS THEN 1000 miles. And i have tried both key fobs, still nothing.

Someone please help so i don't have to waste time and take car into dealership!

New to this site so i hope i wrote the question correctly.

Someone said rear sensor could be disconnected. But what is the rear sensor and where is it located?

Thanks for your Help,
Danny

This is a pic on mine. it’s screwed to the bottom of the large plastic tub for the spare tire. Mine was NOT unplugged so I am assuming the antenna has failed and i’m ordering a new one. They are cheap, ilunder $20USD. Part number is 68068148AA on my ‘14 G. Cherokee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok. I removed all the plastics to discover that my wireless antenna was plugged in. It was under $10 so I bought a new one at my Jeep dealership, assuming it simply went bad. I’ve swapped it out and the system still isn’t working. What other issues could cause the “Service Wireless System” problems?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts