Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 18’ Grand Cherokee high altitude 3.6. Recently started shaking only while idling. It is most noticeable when the vehicle reaches its warm temperature, while driving you don’t feel it but at a stop sign or red light you can feel the vibration and actually see the passenger seat vibrating. Any idea what can be causing this problem?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess that eliminate the transmission as a cause.

When you say "shaking", is it just vibration a in rough idle? Maybe someone needs to check if the engine as a whole is shaking or is it something internal that's being transferred to the body.

I still think it is motor mounts. Try this. Hood open, engine running, transmission in gear, foot in brake, give it gas. Ask someone to see if the engine moves when gas is given. Can't think of anything else.
We did this in the dealership they said change the mounts changed both after removing them both my mounts were still good not leaking yet. Still went with the new mounts and the shaking still remains. It’s very small but it is noticeable and like I said you can see the seats vibrating and feel it on the door and steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts