Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I don't know if you guys know but the east coast has been getting pelted with rain and thunderstorms everyday making it hard to get a good wash in. Hell the other day the car was so dirty I washed it in the rain haha. So today I woke up and the girl was like let's head to the beach house and I said nooooooo. I have a dirty car who needs me!!! Haha so here are so clean shots. Never got to really show you the new blacked out grille sooooo. Hope you like them! Have a great 4th of July and be safe fellas

Ps I tried some of Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner and I liked it. I think the sonax is better. But not too bad!

Attachments

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can't wash a Jeep at the beach house, you need a better beach house.

It does look good!

Hahaha thanks. But then I have to lug all my supplies down there. Plus. Who arrives at the beach on 4th of July weekend with a dirty car!!??? Haha not me

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
looks awesome Dom! Same with the weather here! I was able to dodge the rain the last couple days....but it got me on the way home from work this morning. I did a combo of meguiers #21 and blackfire sealant and it is fantastic at keeping my Jeep clean.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks awesome Dom! Same with the weather here! I was able to dodge the rain the last couple days....but it got me on the way home from work this morning. I did a combo of meguiers #21 and blackfire sealant and it is fantastic at keeping my Jeep clean.
Thanks Scott. What's this black fire your talking about!?

· Registered
521 Posts
Rain, rain, rain. Same thing here in Ohio, but we had a bit of a break last two days. But my dilemma was the grass or the car. Car wins hands down! Used the speedy prep pads for removing contaminants, Menzerna 4000 polish, Blackfire sealant then Menzerna color loc carnuba wax. Paint feels like glass. That Blackfire is amazing.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rain, rain, rain. Same thing here in Ohio, but we had a bit of a break last two days. But my dilemma was the grass or the car. Car wins hands down! Used the speedy prep pads for removing contaminants, Menzerna 4000 polish, Blackfire sealant then Menzerna color loc carnuba wax. Paint feels like glass. That Blackfire is amazing.
Hahah car or grass. Of course car!!! Hahah ya I'm going to order some of this blackfire stuff and see what it's about.

· Registered
376 Posts
Hahah car or grass. Of course car!!! Hahah ya I'm going to order some of this blackfire stuff and see what it's about.
Friendly tip to those not familiar with sealants:

Make sure you use a proper chemical to strip off the old wax. The polymers in the sealant cannot bond to wax and need a fresh clear coat to finish the bond. Also allow 12 hours in between coats for the bond to complete and do at least 2 coats. Also use the sealant on your outside glass.

I use a porter cable buffer and blue pads to apply (I do glass by hand). I also clay bar before a sealant to properly prepare the surface (don't want to seal in contaminants for 6 months, LOL).

Oh, use a polish and proper polish pad to fix clear coat if you have micro scratches in your clear coat before you apply a sealant.

· Premium Member
Grand Cherokee SRT
94 Posts
Thanks Scott. What's this black fire your talking about!?
I use Black Fire Sealant and it is amazing. The shine is great and it makes the paint super slick and hydrophobic.

· Registered
356 Posts
Wifey is heading to the states on business, thought i would take the opportunity to bring back some detailing products (polishes/waxes/sealants) that we don't get here in Australia. Can you guys recommend what products work really well.
Thanks in advance!

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wifey is heading to the states on business, thought i would take the opportunity to bring back some detailing products (polishes/waxes/sealants) that we don't get here in Australia. Can you guys recommend what products work really well.
Thanks in advance!

to be quite honest with you a lot of the items that I use to detail I buy online from chemicalguys

Chemical Guys | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

or autogeek

Popular Searches for Overall - Search

I have also started to use adams cleaning/polishing stuff as well.
with the way that these wheels get caked with brake dust, you need something that can help cut that...adam deep wheel cleaner is awesome, spray it on, let sit for 2-3 mins and then hose or powerwash it right off!!!!

Sonax is also good as well for the wheels

but ya most of the stuff that I get is usually off line, I don't ever really buy stuff in the stores unless its simple crap. the adams tire shine is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!! get some!

Reactions: mrmaker

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
next time shes in the mood hope she dosent send you out to "do" the jeep

hahahaha she has realized that my SRT holds the number 1 spot in my heart and she's coming right in at a close 2nd....I think she has gotten used to it by now....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.