Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone call or email Shell and ask them when we can expect to find T6 back on the shelf? Used to buy at Menards or Fleet Farm now(for months) empty shelf where it once used to sit.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Anyone call or email Shell and ask them when we can expect to find T6 back on the shelf? Used to buy at Menards or Fleet Farm now(for months) empty shelf where it once used to sit.
I use Rotella T5 in my XJ and always bought it at Farm & Fleet. None to be found last oil change.
I picked up the last gallon on the shelf at Wally World, luckily i still had a half gallon left over from the last oil change.

Looked up Rotella's website and signed up for an email notice where and when its available.
That was months ago and haven't heard since.

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
375 Posts
My wife was able to pick up 2 gallons for my truck a couple of weeks ago. If you can't find any T6 but you want an oil that meets the Mopar spec then you can look for Valvoline Premium Blue 5w-40. If you don't care about the Mopar spec then any 5w-40 API CK-4/ACEA E9 diesel oil will be just fine. You don't have to use T6.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,289 Posts
I use Rotella T6 5w40 in my Suzuki DL650 as it is MA/MA2:(

·
Registered
340 Posts
Last week purchased T6 5W40 delivered to my home free from Walmart. $31.99 gallon.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Menards and Home Depot have had it back in stock.
Checked my local Menards a couple weeks ago and no Rotella in any T# or weight.
Never knew Home Depot stocks engine oil, gonna check them out next time i visit their store.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I got mine at Home Depot, along with 5 gallons of DEF .,
What area is the engine oil at?
My guess would be in the garden section which i seldom visit?

Thing is when i've gone into Home Dept its usually on a mission going straight to the lumber, hardware or plumbing departments buy what i need and then get out fast. Its about an hour+ drive one way to my nearest Home Depot.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
375 Posts
What area is the engine oil at?
My guess would be in the garden section which i seldom visit?

Thing is when i've gone into Home Dept its usually on a mission going straight to the lumber, hardware or plumbing departments buy what i need and then get out fast. Its about an hour+ drive one way to my nearest Home Depot.
It's in the "Tools & Hardware" section.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
A FYI update.
Needed to pickup some sandpaper and grass seed at Menards yesterday so also checked out the Rotella shelf.
Holy crapola!o_O
Rotella was well stocked in all the flavors, T4,T5 and T6 in various weights including T6 5W40.
(For my XJ 4.0 i use T5 15W40 Summer and 10W30 Winter with WIX filters.)

On the way back home made a quick stop at Wally World where they had only one lonely gallon of Rotella sitting on the shelf.
Go figure.

Reactions: chadg2

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got (2) gallon containers at WalMart this week. My son picked up some for his truck at Tractor Supply in the larger 2.5 gallon containers a few weeks ago.

Reactions: echo7tango

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,864 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I’m going to check my local Home Depot and Walmart.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reactions: echo7tango

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,864 Posts
www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-T6-Full-Synthetic-5W-40-Diesel-Engine-Oil-1-Gallon/102646780

Shows 100 sold since yesterday.......they do a good job packaging it for shipping if not available locally.
www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-T6-Full-Synthetic-5W-40-Diesel-Engine-Oil-1-Gallon/102646780

Shows 100 sold since yesterday.......they do a good job packaging it for shipping if not available locally.
Thanks!! Earlier I found it and ordered from Auto Zone. I just ordered 2 gallons from Walmart. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts