Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little over a 6 week wait, and so worth it!

The Indigo interior is by far the nicest looking interior I have ever seen in any vehicle. I was nervous because of some of the pictures posted here, but there it not one single thing I dislike about it. The blue in no way is too blue. It's like black in that it'a sexy dark interior, but it's unique.

I thought the white would be a little too white from all the pictures here with the body color moldings and whatnot...but its unreal. Almost jaw dropping with the LED's when they pulled it in front of the dealership for me.

My instant impression of the 8 speed transmission is incredible. It seems to be a little jumpy at first, but it'll learn me...just like my Lexus did. Can already tell i'll be 100% satisfied with the 6cyl.

UConnect is simple, fast, and beautiful. Will take some getting used to, but everything is laid out very nice. Have already navigated to 4-5 locations pretty close to home and no issues yet. Maps are nice and clean, turn by turn in the cluster is really nice too. I even changed the icon to a Jeep :)

I'll get more pictures up soon, but just got hit with a snow storm in MA...so she'll be in the garage staying clean for a bit.

Please let me know if you have any questions or any picture requests. This forum has been great prior to and during my wait. I'm happy to return the favor!

-Andrew

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,290 Posts
Congratulations...looking forward to more pictures when you get the chance!

·
The Negotiator
5,349 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
I ordered the exact same thing, so your post has me really pumped. Can you take a pic that captures the blue/brown/white of the interior while still having the white of the exterior? Like an open door or through an open window from about 3ft back? I'm wanting to see the contract of the Bright White with the blue/brown.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
Congratulations. Now get that thing out of the garage and put some miles on it.

If you have a wide enough lens, a picture with that flag in the background would be nice!

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the exact same thing, so your post has me really pumped. Can you take a pic that captures the blue/brown/white of the interior while still having the white of the exterior? Like an open door or through an open window from about 3ft back? I'm wanting to see the contract of the Bright White with the blue/brown.
No problem. Will get one at lunch today!

If you have "I hope it ins't too blue" in your head...get it out :)

I'll also try and edit the picture to make it as realistic as possible.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Congratulations. Now get that thing out of the garage and put some miles on it.

If you have a wide enough lens, a picture with that flag in the background would be nice!
Don't worry...there will be 100 miles on it when I get home. It just slept in the garage last night because of the snow. I put on ~20k per year.

I'll get a picture in the spring in front of my parent's barn with an 8 foot flag. Luckily, my girlfriend is a professional photographer! And yes...her car stayed outside in the snow last night...she understood :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
I'll get a picture in the spring in front of my parent's barn with an 8 foot flag. Luckily, my girlfriend is a professional photographer! And yes...her car stayed outside in the snow last night...she understood :)
That will make a nice picture. :thumbsup:

·
The Negotiator
5,349 Posts
It just slept in the garage last night because of the snow.
I had to read this twice...At first I thought you said you slept in the garage lastnight with it...haha

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
It looks great. It's snowing pretty hard now so go try it out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you could try to get some interior pics done in different lighting situations that would be perfect. Especially as bright light as possible to see what the color really looks like.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the power folding side mirrors are a good feature when parked as such and will work well in my garage scenario as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
haha, actually, I completely forgot about them! They're not folded in here.

Will do on pictures. My cell will likely skew the colors, but rest assured...this is as spot-on as you can get:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/Bill_de/2014interior2_zps9e11e224.jpg

I stand corrected....appeared closed on the small pic but when enlarged, noticed they were in open position.
What's your opinion of the chrome colored side mirrors in relation to the exterior color complement ? Do they stand out "too much" or find that they "blend" in nicely ?
Also can you check the dual exhaust tips...on the Overland, they're rounder than the Summit, which are "fluted" for lack of a better word...do you think it's possible to remove the Overland chrome tips and replace them with Summit-like tips or is the bumper opening on the Overland sculpted to only fit the standard round ones ?
Thanks and congrats on your new 2014 JGC.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep GC Limited
689 Posts
Very nice, congrats!! Enjoy in good health! :)

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's the 6 cyl.

As requested: I tried the best I could to get accurate pics of the interior color. I took about 12 shots and picked the best few. The close up one, I included my blue jeans and black wool coat for comparison.

About the exhaust. There are oval cutouts for the oval dual exhaust. If you put the flattened summit tips on there, I think it'd look funny. Some bigger tips might look nice though. They are molded into the mufflers..but any shop could cut them off and weld new ones on for you. I'll be leaving mine as-is.

And yes, those are custom hand-crafted cardboard floor mats until my Weathertechs are delivered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
That's far less blue than I was expecting. I think it looks great.

Love the floor mats too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the pics..the indigo looks quite sharp and the white piping on the seats goes nicely with your exterior color...and thanks for the exhaust info...makes sense.
I'll pay the shipping for those "custom hand-crafted" floor mats once you get your Weathertecs ;-)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts