Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post here on the boards.

Question,

I just purchased a 2003 JGC Larado on an online auction sight unseen. The auction would not let me drive it off the lot this past Monday so they pushed it on to the car carrier I brought to pick it up. I tried to start it there and the battery was DEAD.

4 hours later I arrived home after a 225 mile drive and got the Jeep jump started and let it warm up a bit. The minute I put it in gear it died. I put the jumpers back on, got it started and let it run for 15 minutes. The car sat in the auction lot in 10 above temps for 6 weeks with out being ran. After 15 minutes I put it in to R and hit the pedal and it did not move I moved it down to N and it slowly moved but it took a high RPM to get it to move.

I got it off the trailer and put it in to D and again no movement so I put it in 2nd and it crept slowly forward at a high RPM. I got the Jeep in to my garage and went to put it P and noticed it was indicating it was in R not P.

Could the misalignment be an issue with the getting this Jeep to move or is there potentially a more serious issue at hand.

I think the Jeep is a keeper it just needs a bit of cleaning up, removing some rust spots and some TLC.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Randy

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to the auto parts store and bought 2 qts of t-fluid. The d-stick had no fluid on it. I poured 1 qt in and heard a trickle sound. Looked under the Jeep and it was a small creek coming out.

So I think the transmission was dry.

Any one have an idea what the cost will be to fix this?

·
The beast from Brazil
8,310 Posts
Welcome to the garage.
What engine does your jeep have? Did you see where the fluid is coming out from? It can be a worn seal, or even a cracked casing for example.
EDIT: I just saw in your profile that you have the inline 6 engine, so it has the 42RE transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts