Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cruzing through the parking lot in my 90% mall crawler, looking for that elusive parking space far from free flying shopping carts, doors that are pissed and want to ding, and trees which house poop flinging birds, I got to thinking,

"what will I do with all my bags of groceries? I can't have my bags floating all willy nilly in the back. My grey goose or shlitz malt liqueur may roll out the back of the Jeep when I open the lift gate. I ain't got no time for that."

I was dealing with some hard times.

I kept on thinking about it.

"Will the pepto bismal roll out when the smoking hot 22 yo is walking back to her appt.? Hopefully she won't see the triple extra large Magnums that landed next to the broken bottle."

To make matters worse, I thought about the Mac n Cheese. So I said a little prayer, "dear god, let everything fall out of the Jeep cause it is unconfined, just not the Mac n Cheese, I can't let anyone know I love it. "

Then I remembered a post which enlightened me about the bag hooks and to him/her I say thank you!!!

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Nice, but what if you have 12 bags? I lost a gallon of milk once. It fell out onto the garage floor -- immediatly after opening hatch. We all just watched it. We saved maybe 1/2 of it. It was a milky mess -- that splattered all over the Jeep and my Ram.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
Nice, but what if you have 12 bags? I lost a gallon of milk once. It fell out onto the garage floor -- immediatly after opening hatch. We all just watched it. We saved maybe 1/2 of it. It was a milky mess -- that splattered all over the Jeep and my Ram.
It's easy to hook more than 1 bag per hook. Just hook one handle.

Another reason for a flipper glass. :lol:

---

·
Registered
655 Posts
I miss the flipper glass. Aren't there hooks also in the cargo area? Also, I wonder if a gallon of milk would fit in one of the storage bins underneath the cargo area where the spare tire is located?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Any connoisseur of fine beverages like shlitz malt liqueur would put ALL BUT ONE on the floor next to the A/C vent to keep cool until you got home.

Take the one Shltiz and just let it roll around the back so when you do open the back, it just may fall out when that 22yo is passing by.

·
Premium Member
2016 GC Summit
172 Posts
I lost a melon also so I decided to get a cargo net. Why doesn't Jeep include one?

·
Registered
783 Posts
They had one in mine. The dealer kept it in the bag and put it in the storage area when I picked it up. Maybe they only include them in the Overland/Summit models? The net has saved many fragile grocery items that otherwise would have rolled out the bags and onto the floor. I have a habit of opening the lift before I get out when I have things in there and one day it's going to bite me in the ass when something is at the edge and falls out.

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Like the old saying says, "don't cry over spilled milk" :lol: :lol: :lol:

My 2011 came with a cargo net.

Don't forget there are bag hooks on both sides of the cargo area AND on the backs of each front seat for storing things in the back seat floor area.

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
I lost a melon also so I decided to get a cargo net. Why doesn't Jeep include one?
Mine came with a cargo net.

Since this is not my first GC, I have a pretty good collection of bungies in it at all times, and always tie the top of any bag with a melon or other round stuff in it.

Plus I usually keep a couple plastic milk carton type containers from Tarjay in it to throw rollables in.

... slowing down a tad also works, but is less fun or realistic in most areas.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Our '14 also came with a cargo net. Wish I had one on the '07 WK though - never got around to purchasing one for it. Lost 7 soccer balls out the back once all over the carpark. That was fun - Not.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Plastic bags from stores are banned around here so the hooks are useless. But they are still a great idea.

While cruzing through the parking lot in my 90% mall crawler, looking for that elusive parking space far from free flying shopping carts, doors that are pissed and want to ding, and trees which house poop flinging birds, I got to thinking,

"what will I do with all my bags of groceries? I can't have my bags floating all willy nilly in the back. My grey goose or shlitz malt liqueur may roll out the back of the Jeep when I open the lift gate. I ain't got no time for that."

I was dealing with some hard times.

I kept on thinking about it.

"Will the pepto bismal roll out when the smoking hot 22 yo is walking back to her appt.? Hopefully she won't see the triple extra large Magnums that landed next to the broken bottle."

To make matters worse, I thought about the Mac n Cheese. So I said a little prayer, "dear god, let everything fall out of the Jeep cause it is unconfined, just not the Mac n Cheese, I can't let anyone know I love it. "

Then I remembered a post which enlightened me about the bag hooks and to him/her I say thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
Plastic bags from stores are banned around here so the hooks are useless. But they are still a great idea.
I wish they would ban them around here. On recycle day you can track down the trucks by following the trail of bags through the neighborhood. :(

---

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.