id use the paint vht thats what im gona do then clear coat on top

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
Im gona try the plastic dip first

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

· Registered
33 Posts
Careful with tinting tail lights and windshields. Depending on your state and insurance company, you may be in violation of your insurance agreement, even if it's just a light tint. At which case, if you get into an accident, where say you were rear ended or rear ended some one else, your insurance may not cover you. Call your insurance company and ask them what their stance on that is.

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
My tint and front winshield is legal i wouldnt want any fines :)

· Registered
33 Posts
My tint and front winshield is legal i wouldnt want any fines :)

It may be legal through local and state laws but your insurance company may still not allow it. That's what I was saying; call them to check. My friend had "legal tints" too, but was dropped by his insurance when he got into an accident and they didn't cover him since he "violated their agreement". It's better to be safe than sorry.

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
Oh i know what you mean

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
Just did mine today 2 coats Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Sport utility vehicle

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
I might do the third brake light too

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
Plastic dip is removable

· Registered
Trailhawk
1,282 Posts
Plasti* Dip tint doesn't look nearly as good as other tint options. The finish comes out really hazy and kind of makes the lens look dirty to my eyes. The paint or film tint will give you a much better gloss/semi-gloss finish.

Just my 2cents. If you have the dip tint and like it, by all means keep doing so.

· Registered
grand cherokee ltd
91 Posts
Not everyone likes chrome either so its a preference go with what you like a show queen or an offroad rig tht still looks super good :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.