Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a shrader valve on the fuel rail for the 2014 3.6L? I don't see one and need to do a leak down test.
thx

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Limited.
31 Posts
No, there is not. I guess you could fit one inline with the fuel inlet pipe if you could find some correct fittings.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,971 Posts
Does the WK2 have a fuel pressure sensor that you can monitor using the correct electronic tool?

I've noticed around the WK and WK2, Chrysler/FCA left schrader valves off fuel rails for a lot of their vehicles..... ....yet measuring fuel pressure is a vital troubleshooting tool.....
Don't know for a fact, but more than one vehicle does have a fuel pressure sensor to monitor/check fuel pressure using electronic tools....

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
832 Posts
I've noticed around the WK and WK2, Chrysler/FCA left schrader valves off fuel rails for a lot of their vehicles.....
It's not just FCA. Others are doing that mess so now a series of adapters are needed to perform a physical pressure test on the system. It's quite annoying.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,971 Posts
It's not just FCA. Others are doing that mess so now a series of adapters are needed to perform a physical pressure test on the system. It's quite annoying.
Ah, I see now, so they aren't so stupid to not realize that checking the fuel pressure in the vehicle sometime during its life will be necessary. They simply made it so that owners can't check it themselves without spending a lot of money, and thus will just give up and go to the Dealership.........:mad:

Actually, its probably was cost savings, cheaper fuel rails and less parts, saves a lot more than just sending all the dealerships an adapter to check fuel pressure if necessary....

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
832 Posts
A They simply made it so that owners can't check it themselves without spending a lot of money, and thus will just give up and go to the Dealership.........:mad:
Bingo!

Actually, it's a common fitting that is found in most commercial grade fuel pressure test kits. Just makes a mess having to disconnect the lines to install the adapter. The schrader was sooooo much easier and cleaner.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Limited.
31 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of fuel rails these days (including our 3.6 Pentastars) are plastic, they probably couldn't take the stress of the fitment of a Schrader valve without something snapping off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts