Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

so I fold my mirrors in on my Wk2 when i park it. Sometimes when i start it back up again they will fold out automatically, while other times it will wait till i hit around 20kmh before they fold out automatically.

It seems like a sequence of how i turn the car off or something.. I spoke to the dealer and they said when they fold out on start up its some sort of fault which is causing that.

has anyone else noticed this? is there a way to make then fold out automatically everytime when you turn the car on?

Cheers,

·
Registered
Overland WKII
229 Posts
Lol, I've never had a car that just randomly wants to do something, especially a new car.. hehe
I call it character! And now its not only a Jeep thing but a Fiat thing too!!!! Who would possibly want to drive a ToyNissan!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you fold the mirrors when the car is already turned off they will come back on at 20km/h. However if you fold the mirrors THEN turn the car off they come back on when you start it.

·
Premium Member
Jeep SRT
2,188 Posts
that sounds possible, mine seem to be random, but then I never pay attention if the motor is on or off. I will try it nextime.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
If you fold the mirrors when the car is already turned off they will come back on at 20km/h. However if you fold the mirrors THEN turn the car off they come back on when you start it.
I've tried all sorts of shut down procedures with folding the mirrors, and with ours there is no pattern it is totally random

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have found it to be random too. It is part of the Jeep's endearing quirky character, ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
That is a dumb set up. If you fold your mirrors to get into your garage and then shut the car off, they will unfold before you back out of the garage. I'd wind up replacing a lot of mirrors. :mad:

·
Registered
2022 Overland L, & 2014 G.C.Summit
149 Posts
Does anyone know regarding the 2014 G.C.Summit if there is a way for the mirrors to automatically fold when in park? I forget to push that button on the door. I know on Lexus its a setting.
Thanks for any info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts