Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have a 2015 limited with the damn single exhaust...I'm thinking of ways to change it to the dual look. I want to keep the stock look and sound but want the dual like the 14 and 16 have. Does anyone know if I can just bolt on the exhaust system from a 14 or 16 model into my 15? I have the v6 and am trying to find an exhaust from a v6.

Are there any other ways to create the look? I would have to buy the lower bumper for the car too.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Yes you can....

it has been done. I have done it

I can't remeber the thread it think it was "V6 Dual Exhaust."

Here are the finer details.

An exhaust from a 5.7 V8 or a 3.6 V6 will work,

You will have to buy the hanger for the Left side

You will have to buy the heat shield for the left side as well

You will have to purchase a new rear valance.

Back in 2012 Dealer part were cheap and you could get most of the parts needed for a very reasonable price. Luckily there are alot of collision reprodution parts by companies like TYC at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Governor

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Subscribed!

This is good as i was thinking about the same thing but may throw a nice exhaust setup.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 5.7 HEMI
76 Posts
I've been considering the same but didnt want it to really get louder.... as in drone noise since its a V6. But it looks so much better than a single tip lol.... How much louder was it for those that swapped to a Stock SRT exhaust? I saw some videos of V6 with dual tip from Borla/Magnaflow for the V8 motors but have not been able to find exhaust clips for a simple SRT OEM Swap.

The parts looked to have come to about 230.... Rear Lower bumper piece is like 140 and the rest of the parts add up to the 230ish. Then whatever the exhaust runs ya, so i guess time to hunt for Stock SRT or even Stock Dual tip from one of the other GC's.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Like a rice roket or so they say...

·
Registered
grand cherokee
29 Posts
Guys I have the same issue I have a 2017 limited and want the dual exhaust look but I just purchased the vehicle and I'm worried it will void my warranty. I called the dealership and spoke to the service manager and he couldn't give me a straight answer. They all said maybe.. I'm so confused as I really want to do this but I don t want to void my warranty.

·
Registered
2016 High Altitude
444 Posts
I went from a single to duel on my 15 Limited and had no issues when I brought it in. With that said, there was no major work to be done when I did bring it in to the dealer (oil changes, recall, broken seat, etc.) .

In hindsight, the conversion was a waste of $1200 just for an asthetic change. Better off just putting that $$$ to an overland or another model with the duel exhaust.

·
Registered
grand cherokee
29 Posts
Ya i regret not buying the overland i just got a great deal on the limited. You didn't find any benefit to having the dual?? It sucks because the 14 and 16 had dual exhaust on the limited. So the dual offerd you no extra benefit besides looks?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.