·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
That looks good that way..congrats

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,195 Posts
I will debadge as much as possible and plastidip the remaining chrome parts. and if anyone wants to swap the chrome mirror covers with me, I will do it the day the car gets home

·
Registered
56 Posts
That looks real nice. I prefer that look as well. I want to remove the Jeep logo on the front. I think that might "tough" up the front end a little.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Does anyone know if the Jeep logo on the rear is available in Black?

I have a Black SRT on order and would like to remove all other badges and since this one is embedded into the metal I would like it to blend in.

Perhaps painting it (kinda costly), any other ideas?

Lastly what is the easiest way to remove, hair drier and a credit card and then wax underneath????

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S2Rd
162 Posts

I have a Black SRT on order and would like to remove all other badges and since this one is embedded into the metal I would like it to blend in.

Lastly what is the easiest way to remove, hair drier and a credit card and then wax underneath????

Plasti-Dip!

Another option - not sure if it's EXACTLY the same, but...
Black Jeep Hood Badge (WK Grand Cherokee)

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

I plan on looking into Plasti-Dip. I think the front and back badges are imbedded. If I can do a good tape job, I think Plasti-Dip might work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why did you remove Laredo, but left 4x4?
I am trying to stand apart a little from the eventual 10 billion other Laredos on the road. Removing 4X4 hasn't crossed my mind...until now. It's a possibility.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks real nice. I prefer that look as well. I want to remove the Jeep logo on the front. I think that might "tough" up the front end a little.
Thanks! I would like to see that, might look real good.

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I don't really understand why this makes it a "sleeper"? Do you have a supercharger or 6.4l under the hood? I also don't understand why one thinks this make it "different". 99% of the public will never notice. I can understand removing them because they are a pain to polish/wax around and in between. But I don't think it makes it a "sleeper" nor sets it apart from any other Jeep on the road.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't really understand why this makes it a "sleeper"? Do you have a supercharger or 6.4l under the hood? I also don't understand why one thinks this make it "different". 99% of the public will never notice. I can understand removing them because they are a pain to polish/wax around and in between. But I don't think it makes it a "sleeper" nor sets it apart from any other Jeep on the road.
I understand, and that's the only thing that matters.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree. What makes this a Sleeper?

OP your Jeep looks good but it is no "sleeper".

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not looking to hijack the thread but the front Jeep emblem has started to flake less than a year after getting the car and I'd like to remove it. How exactly does one go about doing this?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts