Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had many WK2s. 6.4s, 5.7s, 3.6s. My wife currently drives a 2020. I just picked up an extremely mint 2012 Laredo 5.7L W/ 75,000 miles. My buddy purchased it from the original owner who took very good care of the vehicle original owner had a Diablo tune on it which I have no idea what it is nor do I have the tuner and a KN CAI. Then my buddy put on a Corsa exhaust I believe cat back. But out of all the 5.7 L I’ve ever owned I’ve never had one so sluggish even at full throttle it’s not what I am used to. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
JGC
867 Posts
I have had many WK2s. 6.4s, 5.7s, 3.6s. My wife currently drives a 2020. I just picked up an extremely mint 2012 Laredo 5.7L W/ 75,000 miles. My buddy purchased it from the original owner who took very good care of the vehicle original owner had a Diablo tune on it which I have no idea what it is nor do I have the tuner and a KN CAI. Then my buddy put on a Corsa exhaust I believe cat back. But out of all the 5.7 L I’ve ever owned I’ve never had one so sluggish even at full throttle it’s not what I am used to. Any ideas?
Your 2012 is a 5 speed. Are you comparing it to 2014+ WK2 5.7's?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So the former owner put on a K & N and catback, both mods that are a waste, just make it sound awful and run worse in reality. Been there, done that... A diablo tune is great, but he removed it when he sold it to you. It could be a myriad of issues, and a totally gunked up throttle body is likely unless there is a catch can installed. The egr valve, map sensor are about time for replacement also, which are low cost and firy easy to install. THe MDS lifters are probably also sticking, and seafoam will cure that. My '06 with 5 speed easily puts away an 8 speed WKII 5.7, unless it has the same upgrades, and I ran a WKII SRT which barely pulled ahead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts