Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WK2 Overland 5.7L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched high and low. I am trying to find out what this is. I can’t find it in the manual or online no matter what I search. It’s a small box behind the main fuse box that has like 4 relays in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2012 WK2 Overland 5.7L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I’m not quite sure where it leads. But in the manual is shows it in the illustration for engine compartment but doesn’t point out what it is.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
3,160 Posts
No I’m not quite sure where it leads. But in the manual is shows it in the illustration for engine compartment but doesn’t point out what it is.
I see that. In my 2014 there is a 1/2" diameter wiring harness run that goes across the area where that box looks to be. Do you have a trailer wring hookup on yours that was added AFTER the factory but with "factory parts"?? The only thing I can think is your vehicle did not have the factory tow package but it was added by the dealer. The way it was years ago on my Explorer the factory tow package added a couple of relays to run the trailer lights.. no tow package and you didn't get the relay pack. It might be that with the factory tow the PDC has the relays built in but if you add it later they have to add them in that little extra box.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,798 Posts
I had figured out what that box was, but now have promptly forgot it. I think I either pulled the cover or followed the cables from to it. I do NOT have the air suspension and have that box. Mine has 3 relays in it, it looks like it has connections for 5 relays.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,798 Posts
The FSM is totally confusing, they say it is Power Distribution Center (PDC) but also says the TIPM is combination PDC and Front Control Module (FCM). They point to the exact box we were talking about in an illustration for the export models stating its the PDC with the DRL relays for export models.

Wring diagrams show fuses in the PDC, but there are no fuses in this PDC, so they must be talking about the TIPM's PDC section. Several of the relays they say are in the PDC are clearly marked as being in the PDC, so they again must be talking about the PDC portion of the TIPM.

Best I can tell there are 2 relays for Daytime Running Lights (DRL). 1 relay for the Air Suspension. 1 relay for front headlamp washers. 1 relay for the liftgate power lock.
I have 3 out of the 5 positions for relays occupied with relays.
I have Halogen Headlamps in a 2011, I do not have DRL's, maybe they are there are there because DRL's are configurable in the TIPM for Fleet Vehicles.
I have a power lock/unlock of the rear liftgate, which I think is standard.
I do NOT have the air suspension.
I do NOT have headlamp washers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can I resurrect this thread (It's only a month old)? I need to figure out where my air suspension relay is and this is closest I'm getting. I think it's one of the relays in this box. Anyone that doesn't have the air suspension, can you tell me which relay spaces are occupied so I can eliminate those ones? Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I resurrect this thread (It's only a month old)? I need to figure out where my air suspension relay is and this is closest I'm getting. I think it's one of the relays in this box. Anyone that doesn't have the air suspension, can you tell me which relay spaces are occupied so I can eliminate those ones? Thank you!
Any luck? I have the same setup and also trying to identify the air compressor relay in 2013 GC Overland 5.7.

·
Registered
Procharged 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi
855 Posts
Any luck? I have the same setup and also trying to identify the air compressor relay in 2013 GC Overland 5.7.
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

For the Air Suspension fuse location for a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee;
J1 - 40 Amp Green = Air Suspension

Rectangle Font Material property Pattern Parallel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.