Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
JGC Summit
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I am a fairly new at off roading and wanted to know if anyone living in the Southern California, Ventura county, LA county area would like to organize a day trip of mild off roading to Hungary Valley Gorman California? I go there all the time to take my son dirt biking. It is a designated OHV area of hundreds of miles of off roading. I have not used my Jeep for what it was meant to do yet. The only mod I have for off roading is a set of 285/50-20 Cooper Zeon tires on my 2014 Summit. I have the Quadra drive II. I wouldn't mind going with a few other Grand Cherokee owners to make it a bit more fun. Anyone in?

Reactions: newdoze

·
Registered
JGC Summit
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a couple pics of my Jeep.

Attachments

Reactions: Patrick-A51

·
Registered
2014 JGC Ltd
1 Posts
I live in the area and am familiar with the Hungry Valley offroad area. I'm mostly familiar with the area through hikes, and I'm not really a motorcycle rider.

I drive a stock 2014 JGC limited. It has seen some fun trails in the Owens Valley and Mammoth areas. I would be interested in discussing an excursion in the area.

·
Registered
JGC Summit
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perfect! I took my son dirt biking today and we also took a little 4X4 excursion with the Jeep. It was fun but I know it will be more fun with at least one more Jeep. I am pretty familiar with this area from riding but never had to pay attention to the signs to make sure 4X4's can make it through : ) Lets plan a day and time to meet up and go explore a little. Weekends are the only time I can get away how about you?

Attachments

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,819 Posts
I live up north but on some drives to Pasadena I’ve stopped in at Hungry Valley a few times. I recommend you just go. The California SVRA parks are great because the trails are marked like ski runs — easy, medium, hard, and double black diamond. Talk to the staff there and they’ll tell you current conditions. Don’t be afraid to tell them how much trail experience you do or don’t have.

Just go!

I also suggest getting the annual pass. It’s good at all SVRAs in Cali. Pismo Beach is fun, too.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2018 GC Trailhawk
13 Posts
I just picked up an 18' Trailhawk and looking to cut my teeth. Located in Simi Valley so running to Gorman isn't an issue. I have a buddy with a 2-door Rubicon that would join as well...but he's no pro.

I'd also be interested in an Owens Valley trip. Love going camping and fishing up there.

·
Registered
JGC Summit
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up an 18' Trailhawk and looking to cut my teeth. Located in Simi Valley so running to Gorman isn't an issue. I have a buddy with a 2-door Rubicon that would join as well...but he's no pro.

I'd also be interested in an Owens Valley trip. Love going camping and fishing up there.
Cool! I have gone up to Rowher Flats in Canyon Country a couple times. This is also an OHV area with designated and marked trails. There is an awesome trail that takes you all the way to the top of the mountain. If you are new at this it is a great trail to start on because it is not too crazy but wont leave you wishing you tried something more challenging. You will be super impressed by what your jeep can do. It is a pretty similar distance as Gorman as well. Maybe even a little closer. I like to head up there around 7:00 ish and get there around 8:00 and explore a few hours and get back home around noon. Lets plan a trip! I will PM you my number so we can communicate.

Attachments

Reactions: Patrick-A51
1 - 7 of 7 Posts