Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
Yes. Combined with the all around tint it is much cooler getting in. Of course there is the remote start but the significantly lower temps are good for the interior not to mention almost all uv ray being blocked. These uv rays is what makes plastic brittle and makes leather crack and fade.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I'm having the skid plates installed before delivery (whenever that takes place, hopefully before the WK3 comes out in a few years, but right now I have no idea). I'd be having the tow hooks done too, but my dealer said they aren't available yet.

Are the tow hooks chrome? I noticed on the some preproduction pictures that the tow hooks were chrome.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Are the tow hooks chrome? I noticed on the some preproduction pictures that the tow hooks were chrome.
No clue, but I doubt they will be. I don't see the point in paying extra for chrome (I'm assuming they'll have normal and chromed), and I have yet to see them available anyway.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yes. Combined with the all around tint it is much cooler getting in. Of course there is the remote start but the significantly lower temps are good for the interior not to mention almost all uv ray being blocked. These uv rays is what makes plastic brittle and makes leather crack and fade.
Does your car spent most of the time under the roof or under the sky (mine is parked on the street and I don't drive much during the week)? If under the sky - do you use shade in winter?

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
Car spends about 90 percent of the time in driveway. And yeah use it during the winter too. The uv rays will still kill the interior even without summer heat.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Waiting for aftermarket set of S/M/L brushguards in black/chrome that can mount to the tow hook receptors or another likely spot.
I'm feelin the tow hooks in this pic, I hope something similar to this will be available.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,674 Posts
I'm feelin the tow hooks in this pic, I hope something similar to this will be available.
I seriously doubt you will see anything close to what is in that pic due to the wk2 being a unibody. It will have to be a complete bumper replacement mounted guard or a design similar to the WK's front brushguards that mount under the bumper to the front lower frame rails. That guard looks like from a body on frame designed vehicle

·
Waggie
3,211 Posts
I seriously doubt you will see anything close to what is in that pic due to the wk2 being a unibody. It will have to be a complete bumper replacement mounted guard or a design similar to the WK's front brushguards that mount under the bumper to the front lower frame rails. That guard looks like from a body on frame designed vehicle
yea, that's just a photochop fantasy at this point. hopefully soon, someone will figure out a tight, compact brush guard for the uni.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you order the splash guards. All I have found is fronts only on-line. Let me know how easy to install once you get them.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2011, 2014 Overland
152 Posts
Where did you order the splash guards. All I have found is fronts only on-line. Let me know how easy to install once you get them.

Thanks
found a jeep dealer on ebay that sells them...turns out the dealer is in the next town over from where i live so i just bought them from him directly. He seemed really knowledgeable and says the fronts and rears are NOT the same fyi.

·
Registered
2011 Grand Cherokee
15 Posts
Where are the front and rear jeep splash guards being bought from? I checked Mopar's website and they only show front splash guards without the jeep logo for the WK2. Any help would be appreciated.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts