Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
17 Posts
I received the email, then about a week later it appeared in the screen. Had to allow the update while the vehicle is parked and off. Everything appeared to updat, but now the remote commands (unlock, remote start etc) using the mobile app o not work. Maybe coincidentally, but all I get are messages that remote request failed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had nothing but trouble with this. I scheduled the update 3 different times, and IT WILL NOT UPDATE. So this morning after the 3rd failed attempt, I just hit "UPDATE" and it finally started to download. So I drove around for 15 minutes wasting gas and time while the stupid little bar graph went from 0% to 100%. Then the screen went dark and rebooted.

So now I'm thinking finally it's updated. Then after it reboots what comes up?..... SCHEDULE UPDATE! Through all of this my radio no longer works. The update is in there, but the stupid car won't recognize it. I really wish these idiots would get their act together before they send this crap out over cyberspace.

Now I'm going to have to take the car in to get this fixed. I wish they would just leave well enough alone! And stop trying to improve everything. All they manage to do is screw things up.
Try to reset it, unless you have the extended warranty, the dealer might try to replace the radio and change you a fortune. After I did the over the air update on my 2014, it started acting crazy too. Since I have the extended deductible warranty, I took it to my (not anymore) service dealer. He replaced the radio without notifying me and I paid $100.00 which it is the deductible. I know he did it cause he wanted to make some profit out of it from Jeep. I got into an argument with him because he acted without letting me know first, while arguing, he blamed me at the end because the entire thing was my fault cause I did the update. That was it, I almost lost it, I was about to jump over the counter and slap him!
Anyway, a couple of my friends who have the same vehicle, encouraged the same issues after the over the air update and all their dealer did was a simple reset, good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So let me add another question to this thread I started. If my Uconnect system is working without any issues, why would I want to upgrade to the latest software edition? My unit does everything I want and expect from it. Seems like upgrading just brings a plethora of problems.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Overland and have never received any OTA updates or even been prompted that one is available. Is there an option somewhere that you need to turn on to receive these?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2015 limited just updated shows now 18.43.01 as the new version anyone have info on what exactly was updated? Everything looks the same as before.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
My 2014 Summit just did the 18.43.01 OTA update. I dont see any difference though wonder what it did
Wonder if it's just a way of preventing installation of the next set of maps for those who don't keep updated.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,737 Posts
I just hit update, shut the door and locked the car. Came back about 10-15min later and it was all done and everything was fine. Not sure why all the issues here...

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
my early-2014 (6/13) that previously had problems with OTA updates did an update this morning with no drama..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee and received an update message when I turned on my car this morning. It says that I have 24 hours to schedule the update. I am not a subscriber of U-Connect so why did I get this? I haven't attempted to do the update yet so what happens if I don't schedule within the 24 hours?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Unrelated to any subscription.

Uconnect is the vehicle electronics platform. if I recall "Uconnect Access" is the subscription...

It will force you to do the update eventually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unrelated to any subscription.

Uconnect is the vehicle electronics platform. if I recall "Uconnect Access" is the subscription...

It will force you to do the update eventually.
Thanks. I can't seem to find exactly what the update does. It makes me nervous for the update since it seems like so many are having issues once they've done the update. I won't have a choice I guess, but I don't want to do it if I don't know what is updated and deal with the issues that others are having. Oh well.

I was gifted my car so I don't know much about Jeep yet.

·
Registered
GC Overland
97 Posts
'14 JGC (May '13 build), just updated without a hitch. '16 Challenger HC did, too. The process seems solid, but I can't tell what changes it actually made.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
'14 JGC (May '13 build), just updated without a hitch. '16 Challenger HC did, too. The process seems solid, but I can't tell what changes it actually made.
How long did the update take? I'm leaving on a long trip tomorrow morning, and I'm worried it will cause me problems if I let the update download and install on the road. It would be just my luck it will want to do the update when I leave. I'll be on the road for more than a week. Should I let it wait, and will it let me wait, until I return home?

·
Registered
GC Overland
97 Posts
How long did the update take? I'm leaving on a long trip tomorrow morning, and I'm worried it will cause me problems if I let the update download and install on the road. It would be just my luck it will want to do the update when I leave. I'll be on the road for more than a week. Should I let it wait, and will it let me wait, until I return home?
It took about 10 minutes while the car was parked in my garage. My best guess is if you've never had trouble doing updates, this one won't be a problem either. I know a few others reported issues.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
It took about 10 minutes while the car was parked in my garage. My best guess is if you've never had trouble doing updates, this one won't be a problem either. I know a few others reported issues.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
100 Posts
I had a message yesterday morning to update when I got to work. Told it to do it, shut off, locked doors, went to work. Just remembered to check and I'm on 17.43.01 just like I was before. Just checked on the uconnect website and it says nothing about any new update.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the message when I shut my 2014 Summit off a couple of days ago. I told it to update then. When I got back in the Jeep later and started it, a screen appeared saying the update failed; but the message disappeared before I could read anymore. Now what?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts