Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Getting my Jeep soon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I’m going to be purchasing my new Jew grand Cherokee Laredo 3.6l. I’m going to be looking to do a lot of exterior work such as rims, flares, fenders, tint, etc. Though I want to boost my performance slightly too. I’m looking for a exhaust system (loud but not making my neighbors hate me loud), as well as a intake. And overall anything that will boost my torque. I’m not so much worried about top end and speed. Just really looking to make it get up and go. If anyone can educate me on the right parts and right way of going about this I would love that greatly. Bear in mind I’m no expert in jeeps or vehicles in general. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
"Red Hulk"
278 Posts
Best bang for your buck besides supercharging is a good quality drop in filter, and a Sprint Booster.

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,003 Posts
I installed the Sprint Booster some time ago for safety reasons. The stock throttle response was much too slow when entering a parkway from a stop. Here is some info..........

I know quite a few have installed this and am wondering if it'll do anything for my Hemi's. The way I have mine set up, my throttle "response" is instantaneous....no so-called lag at all. The WK is much more sensitive than the LX and if not very gentle, it'll leap ahead scaring the crap out of whoever is behind the wheel. The LX is not quite as sensitive, although both are modded exhactly the same (about 120-130 hp. more than stock...see signature) except for different transmissions (WK has 545RFE and LX has NAG1), gearing (Wk has 3.73's and LX has 3.08's), cam advance (WK is advanced 6* and LX is advanced 10*) and the tune....WK has Superchips 91 octane tune with Advanced Transmission Tuning Application and LX has the Diablosport modified 93 octane tune with throttle sensitivity set to the maximum.

I guess my question is, does the booster make the throttle just apply quicker, compressing the application rate making it have more throttle opening for a given throttle position, or does it somehow make the computer (PCM) just respond milliseconds quicker? Their graphic doesn't show actual response time in milliseconds, just that once the throttle is depressed it applies quicker. probably opening the throttle butterfly quicker. This indicates to me a compressed application rate. This would make it feel more responsive and probably mask any millisecond lag time making it feel like it is responding quicker but in reality it's just advancing the throttle body butterfly farther for a given throttle position. If this is the case, I am probably getting the same effect on both of mine with the larger throttle bodies....more air in for a given throttle position (than the stock throttle bodies), and that's why mine feel more responsive than the stock Hemi's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts